Club lottery

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Club lottery

• Author
    IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 41

Awaywego – this lottery is purely for the financial viability and support of the club moving forward rather than the Staffy half time draw. I’m sure if they get £10-15k/month from the lottery it will increase but for now they need cash into the business.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

“@Spitroasterjim·
    37m
    Screams of being just another way to con more money out of us fans. As if we don’t already fork out enough as it is.”

I didn’t realise that subscribing was compulsory – weird post!!

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

Hilton’s scheme was misleading from the beginning, he had nothing to sell yet claimed he was selling you a part of GP, it turned out you owned nothing but a share in a discount club for your £1899 and had to pay an extra quid to have a share in a business that owned the ground he didn’t own, no wonder people wanted further clarification.
    This is much simpler, you enter and maybe win a prize and the bulk goes to aid Scunthorpe United,it’s perfectly simple and up front.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant
    Registered On: September 21, 2023
    Topics: 37

…Hilton’s scheme was misleading from the beginning… …This is much simpler…

In other words… Then: Ponzi. Now: Prizes.

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

https://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/news/2023/december/iron-super-draw-first-ever-winners/

Next draw on Monday then. I had to go looking for the result last time.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

Posted on the OWS, where were you looking? Waiting for a personalised email?

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant
    Registered On: September 18, 2023
    Topics: 137

Sadly, it’s not for me.
    £10 stake with the potential to win £250 once a month.

Boston United’s scheme:
    £1 stake with the potential to win £2,000 or one of two £250 runner up prizes or one of ten consolation prizes of £50 each WEEK.

A 25:1 ratio on our sceheme.
    A 2,000:1 ratio on Boston’s.

Your £10 with Boston has the potential to win you £20,000

The same £10 with us only has the potential to win you £250

20,000:250

Potentially 80 times more bang for your bucks with Boston.

Yeah, yeah… it’s not about winning money, it’s about financially subsidising/supporting SUFC.

However, to make this a success with the general public – you need a bigger potential return.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Where you being Rene it’s being established that Bostons lottery is actually Sheffield united’s scheme, what you should be doing is finding out what’s odds of winning in ours against theirs, other than that I’ll point you in the direction of the Euro lottery deffo more bang for your buck there. I do hope the club will tell us how many have entered and how much they are taking out of it, by law its something the club should be doing.

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Posted on the OWS, where were you looking? Waiting for a personalised email?

Club Social Media, that’s what most use these days.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

SUFC Twitter (X) 15th December.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

Mansfield use these:

£5 a go with a top prize of £800 / £900

Fans Group Lottery Fundraising

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

Where you being Rene it’s being established that Bostons lottery is actually Sheffield united’s scheme.

Yeah, we know.
    “A minimum of 45% of the stake money shall be donated to the Pilgrims. The remainder goes to fund the prizes and the lottery’s operating expenses.”
    Boston.

“A minimum of 20% of the stake money, and any proceeds after prizes and expenses have been deducted, shall be donated to the beneficiary of the Super Draw Lotto: the Sheffield United Community Foundation, Cherry Street, Sheffield S2 4SU.”
    Sheff Utd.

What you should be doing is finding out what’s odds of winning in ours against theirs.

Maybe someone connected with our scheme would like to inform us of the number of monthly participants?

other than that I’ll point you in the direction of the Euro lottery deffo more bang for your buck there.

I have recurring entries for Euro, Lotto & Set For Life via DD.

I do hope the club will tell us how many have entered and how much they are taking out of it, by law it’s something the club should be doing.

Is it (percentage taken) in the small print somewhere?

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

I assume whoever at the club was tasked with setting it up did a scan of other clubs lottery providers and decided the scheme we have works best for us, for whatever reasons.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

Exeter’s

“Anyone can join the foundation.
    By paying just £10 per month (£120 per year), you become eligible for the monthly £1,000 prize and weekly £100 prizes”

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Thought it was worth a mention that Stuart Maw has recently tried to encourage Liverpool fans to participate in the draw. Not sure on the connection but regardless, his video has had over 50k views and looks to have persuaded people to participate.

Good work!

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

Yes, he did really well, plus the winner was a Liverpool fan from the US who donated the £250 prize back to the club.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Hard to say really whether it persuaded anyone or not.Scunny reviewed the £250 jackpot but kept it the same prize so I guess it didn’t encourage many or the jackpot would have increased.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Even if it didn’t translate directly to huge amounts of cash, it was still a good effort judging by how many comments he got from Liverpool fans. Supporters endeavours like his deserve some applause and encouragement.

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 70

Thought it was worth a mention that Stuart Maw has recently tried to encourage Liverpool fans to participate in the draw. Not sure on the connection but regardless, his video has had over 50k views and looks to have persuaded people to participate.

Good work!

[/quote
    Did he link it to all the persons they recruited from us over the decades ?

Dick White, Peter Robinson, Kevin Keegan, Ray Clemence. They did well.

barriethomasbarriethomas
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 41

Richard Money. ( indirectly)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.