Club lottery

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Club lottery

• Author
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Good, bad, indifferent? Imo not enough info again, is it £250 monthly top prize or weekly. I’ve joined anyway it’s not about the prizes with me and sure the same for many others, but it will be for some and needs to be clearer especially if they want to get ordinary Joe public to subscribe.

BigLeftToeBigLeftToe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 6, 2017
    Topics: 6

Sounds alright to me. All of the information one might want or need has been provided:

https://draw.ourclublotto.co.uk/ironsuperdraw/

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Oh good is it £250 prize per month or a week I missed that.

IronIronIronIronIronIron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013

Try reading para 2 in the link above.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

If you read the super small print at the bottom of the link it states the winner of the first week gets a lifesize wax work model of Hilton.

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 41

It says per month on the info, I’ve thrown in 4 goes a month, to be honest the smoking goat voucher is the one I want!

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

If you read the super small print at the bottom of the link it states the winner of the first week gets a lifesize wax work model of Hilton.

Dartboard with the fallen ones face on the front might go down well, plus a set of tungsten tipped super sharp arrows also supplied.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Try reading para 2 in the link above.

Typical Daily Mail reader. Sees the headline and makes up the narrative to suit his agenda!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

I’m in. Didn’t want to read the last line or so mind.

SD0101SD0101
    Participant
    Registered On: March 31, 2022
    Topics: 5

Don’t know if anyone has seen the way Gainsborough run their monthly draw,it’s a 150 club,they currently have 130 contributors,all named and given a number for the draw.prizes of 300,200 and 100 are given away each month. The fans are able to see the income generated with the number of contributors minus the prize money and looks like an honest way of running it.
    Will our draw be as transparent,will the prize money increase with the number of participants,a fixed percentage for prizes and a fixed percentage to go to the club.A one prize of 250 isn’t the carrot needed to attract the general public

SD0101SD0101
    Participant
    Registered On: March 31, 2022
    Topics: 5

Maybe start with a 200 club and when you get close to that number expand to the 300 club,thanking the fans for their support and so on .Fans need to know how much the club are going to profit from this venture,keep them informed.if a contributor isn’t happy with the publicity,I’m sure a pseudonym would suffice like we do on iron bru.Good to see other prizes available,especially the booby prize of a trip with the team to an away game,imagine the fun on the return journey home after losing 3-1 at kings lynn,16 tired,grumpy players snoring away,whatever floats your boat.
    I know it’s early days but any other suggestions,,

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

There you go someone else confused on the issue, the £250 I take is the weekly prize not the jackpot? All I was saying the advert for it on the official site is utter shite no mention of a weekly draw even when you click on the link still no mention of the weekly draw it’s not till you click on the bars top right and click on FAQ the weekly draw is mentioned, everyone moaned at Hiltons 1899 scheme (not enough info) and they have done the same here if you want as many people as possible to join you’ve got to sell and promote the scheme far better than what they have up to now, where’s the promotion of it to all the rest of the town who don’t use the club Web site or forums the more they sell the better it will be for us all.

HeathHeath
    Participant
    Registered On: August 5, 2017
    Topics: 17

“lifesize wax work model of Hilton”.

Some fans would prefer an inflatable version.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

You don’t come across as a university lecturer, more the caretaker NI. I read the whole caboodle did you lol, your failure to see what a poor first advert for the scheme astounds me unless your just playing the man and not the ball.

BigLeftToeBigLeftToe
    Participant

I was about to say Awaywego is either illiterate, a troll, or just plain dim…but he’s right. No mention of a weekly draw in any of the literature until you go through to the FAQs. Here it states monthly draws take place on the 14th and weekly draws take place every Sunday.

So what’s the difference between the monthly/weekly draws? Or are the FAQs just wrong in mentioning a weekly draw?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

The club have always being shite at communicating and looking out for us, they just want ya money and that’s about it, was expecting a better start from the new owners but not forthcoming as of yet, that’s why down the years I’ve tried to give them as little money as possible hence awaywego, against my better judgement i have bought in to the club this season (season ticket and now the lottery) having to read 4 different pages before the mention of a weekly draw is piss poor in anybody’s books. I want,hope and expect them to get better or ill just return to type.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Read it, joined it (even though I may not be able to collect some of the prizes)!

Monthly by standing order. £10, 1 entry. £20 2 entries etc. Drawn on the 14th of each month with weekly draws on a Sunday. Full list of prizes.

Where was the confusion?

Unless as I intimated you didn’t read through the rules terms and conditions.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Will be doing similar. Can’t see that it’s confusing at all and I think it’s presented excellently. Whoever pulled it together and marketed it deserves praise not nitpicking.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

You finally read it all then NI glad I explained where to find it, no opinion on the the shite advert for it? Has anybody confirmed is it £250 per month or week, we still don’t know and there was you wanting so much info with Hiltons 1899 scheme.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

The suspicions about Hilton were already around by the time 1899 was launched, and they were based on his emerging backstory and history at the time. Different kettle of fish the current owner and Board launching a money maker and that despicable person launching one.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Hilton joined us on the 25th January,1889 scheme announced 23rd feb, still in his honeymoon period Deerey.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

True about the dates and honeymoon period. Suspicions were around based on his emerging backstory and history (filing history at Companies House, allegations from various sources including Bury fans), obviously not as widespread as it became. Anyway, don’t want to post anything else about that scheme here that detracts from this excellent new one being run by trusted custodians.

BigLeftToeBigLeftToe
    Participant

For those intelligent folk who are obviously capable of reading between the lines then, is the £250 top prize drawn weekly or monthly?

It’s only until you get into the FAQs that a weekly draw is ever mentioned. What’s the difference between this and the monthly draw?

billpuntonsghostbillpuntonsghost
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 72

Just joined the lottery,£10 month. Small contribution let’s hope it’s a success in raising vital income.

qwertyqwerty
    Participant
    Registered On: July 3, 2022
    Topics: 1

“Every month one lucky United fan will pick up the cash jackpot, and we’ll have a number of runners-up prizes up for grabs as well, which may vary from month-to-month”

How is the above so hard to understand?
    A child could understand it.

BigLeftToeBigLeftToe
    Participant

Yes, that is perfectly understandable…that is until you get to the FAQs which mention a WEEKLY draw to be conducted on Sunday’s.

So what are the prizes being drawn on a weekly basis then qwerty clever clogs?

qwertyqwerty
    Participant

FAQs cover all the lottery options, it isn’t SUFC specific.
    SUFC have opted for the monthly draw as their PR states.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

So there is no weekly draw then?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

In todays programme it says the first months prize is £250 and then they will review it, sure that will be the same for the fans, over £400 was given in prizes in the 50/50 draw that staffy runs and that’s a pound a go.

qwertyqwerty
    Participant

What about the other prizes? Some that money can’t buy.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.