Closing academy

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Closing academy

• Author
    sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 28

Even my keyboard makes more sense than Patrick

He seems to be spamming nearly every thread this morning encouraging his love in with his sons best friend.

RichgyRichgy
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2022
    Topics: 6

If you read between the lines that document on The Fishies was obviously posted by an outsider of ‘us Cods’, an account that’s only ever posted once puts an essay style document on there .

I could speculate as to who that person is , but I suspect they post on here to .

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Patrick0811Patrick0811
    Participant
    Registered On: March 30, 2023
    Topics: 0

Hi Richgy
    I agree with all you say about the academy….but not at the level Scunny are at the moment, get back in the league and go for it.
    But not when the club is just crawling off the floor financially…plus it will have some funding when back in the league.
    Also why don’t the people who rant and rave about no academy pay for it if they want it that much…. deafening silence coming I think?

3 users thanked author for this post.
    ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

not sure if this is 100% correct but ..

DH initially agreed to a academy business plan put to him.

This plan had set financial parameters within it which it seems have changed.

Purely as a business decision as owner you have to look at the whole picture and make a call which is what DH has done .. im guessing the reality is a NLN cannot operate with an academy run on the same levels as a L2 club when funds need directing to other areas in an attempt of promotion.

Im sure many will have their own opinions on this subject.

RichgyRichgy
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2022
    Topics: 6

I would be interested to know how many NL / NLN teams have youth academies , can’t imagine it’s that many .

letmeinlet_me_in
    Participant
    Topics: 3

Can someone clarify that our David Hilton isn’t the David White from Britannia Law Limited?

ironinsideriron insider
    Blocked
    Registered On: August 19, 2019
    Topics: 29

it is our david. hillton admitted this at fan forum

BottesfordIrons5North Lincolnshire Irons
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2017
    Topics: 58

How long has this Patrick0811 been a member on irnbru, since March this year. I guess he knew Hilton was going to take over our Club name. Who is he related too? Fair questions I think. Seems he doesn’t think questions should be asked or opinions had. Up to know Hilton hasn’t proved himself in my opinion as to what his primary interests are with our Club. If he really wanted success for our club, surely he like any owner whose heart was in the club, would not be squatting in our stadium and refusing to pay what he has previously agreed on so we do not lose our home. He has done so many uturns and all this uncertainty is not good for the footballing side and in my opinion will not create success.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

To be fair, Patrick sounds like a decent guy who did a good job in being hospitable to Scunthorpe fans yesterday, and has made some generous offers. All of which should be commended and is a nice reflection of his character.

I just think he needs to be a bit more aware that some fans are going to be sceptical, and that such decisions will get critique. Sometimes firecely. As long as it doesn’t lead to personal abuse and libel, such critique should be tolerated.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

How long has this Patrick0811 been a member on irnbru, since March this year. I guess he knew Hilton was going to take over our Club name. Who is he related too? Fair questions I think. Seems he doesn’t think questions should be asked or opinions had. Up to know Hilton hasn’t proved himself in my opinion as to what his primary interests are with our Club. If he really wanted success for our club, surely he like any owner whose heart was in the club, would not be squatting in our stadium and refusing to pay what he has previously agreed on so we do not lose our home. He has done so many uturns and all this uncertainty is not good for the footballing side and in my opinion will not create success.

This Patrick character is the father of Andrew Nally the chairman of Ilkeston and business partner of David Hilton.

Patrick0811Patrick0811
    Participant

Yes you are correct, I am the father of the Ilkeston chairman, never hid the faCt and as far as I am aware it’s not a crime?… I also post under Patrick…my name IS Patrick and I have always made it very clear I am associated with Ilkeston…. so let’s see?… how many on here only post anonymously… well I can tell you… the ones that cricise everything, slag off moderate people or comments… and thrive on negativity, they must be devastated today that Scunny won, played well and kept a clean sheet, not so much to moan about today, probably sitting at home and stamping their feet in frustration at a little bit of success and positivity.
    Yes I did know Hilton was buying the club…is that a problem?…
    Had anyone been at the game yesterday they could have had a word with Dave at anytime, he was not hiding and spoke to several people from all quarters… like myself.
    So anyone wanting to ask me anything…feel free I am here all the time at Ilkeston, I don’t and never have hidden behind a keyboard like the swanny fans..
    I am a football and respect other fans as well.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

“never have hidden behind a keyboard like the swanny fans..”

No Swann fans on here Patrick, apart from his family and bookmaker I’m not sure there are many anywhere.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

What make of football are you Patrick lol?, sounds like you did a good job for our fans yesterday, well done on that one, Awaywego isn’t easily impressed.

TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023

When the ducks follow the catering trolley it is because bread rolls are being thrown into the canal.

Patrick0811Patrick0811
    Participant

Maybe it is Swsnny or his family who post anonymously?… who knows?

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

No Swanny fans here or elsewhere. Many of the ‘Swanny fans’ were being told how they should go support Grimsby and just back Swann during those years, often by the same people now saying that to criticise Hilton it must mean you’re pro-Swann.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Maybe it is Swsnny or his family who post anonymously?… who knows?

Please stop trying to sow division. You made a good job in presenting your club to Iron fans yesterday. Stop trying to demonise anyone who is so much as querying Hilton.

Participant

Starting to get annoyed with this Patrick’s rambling and accusations on here.
    There are no Swann fans on this forum, in fact the opposite is true and I take exception to your baseless accusation.
    We have usernames on here because the forum demands it, we don’t have them so we can hide from the likes of you that has no connection with our club other than worshipping our current owner.
    Is it coincidence that you’ve come out with the same comments as Hilton did when he was trashing us I.e, we all being Swann lovers and if we don’t agree with closing the academy then to pay for it ourselves?
    No coincidence as I’ll take an educated guess that Hilton gets to know what’s posted on here because Patrick monitors the forum constantly and reports its contents to his friend Hilton, hence his unwarranted rant on Facebook against this forum.
    Congratulations for the hospitality you showed towards our supporters yesterday, stick to acknowledging their thanks to you on the Ilkeston thread.
    Your interference on other threads bad mouthing any supporters who don’t agree with your sons best friend’s decision on the academy, describing them as “The usual suspects” and accusing them of not being true supporters is neither warranted or deserved.

Patrick0811Patrick0811
    Participant

I leave you boys to it I think, you don’t ever seem to have made a bad job of ripping each apart for the 99% of the time I am not on this forum.. and trying to rip me for the 1% I am on.

billpuntonsghostbillpuntonsghost
    Participant
    Topics: 72

Patrick,” they must be devastated today that Scunny won.”
    During our” golden era “I sat at home many nights thinking the same thing.

billpuntonsghostbillpuntonsghost
    Participant
    Topics: 72

..by the way Fans64,have you a season ticket this season?

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

I leave you boys to it I think, you don’t ever seem to have made a bad job of ripping each apart for the 99% of the time I am not on this forum.. and trying to rip me for the 1% I am on.

I gave you credit for what was a good job yesterday, so no ‘ripping apart’ from me. I will, however, disagree when you make more attempts to divide the fanbase. I am happy for people to disagree with my concerns. It’s a shame others feel the need to demonise others for disagreeing and then conflate such with malicious slander and abuse.

If you find disagreement on this to be beyond the pale, you should see what criticisng Hilton gets for you on the FB page or elsewhere. It’s not criticism, but insults and personal attacks. Yet I only ever see complaints about how to criticise Hilton is ‘toxic’.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

No SNOT everyone is welcome on here whatever their views and can post on whichever thread they want to,didn’t you see all them posts defending the right for Swanny to post on here ya know the man that everyone believes he’s ruined the club and stolen our ground, (I said before he shouldn’t have being allowed to) Pat probably got the paying for the academy themselves from me we did talk about it and what’s so wrong in that why not get funding from local and international businesses I did invite IFA before but he declined St Simon is still about he sponsored whatever last year chip in a bit yourselves if it’s that important to you at the present it’s not to me, at the end of the day Pat invited you all to go and have a look what Hilton has done me and MK did and we were impressed and not just the catering but the whole set up,to easy for most of you just to sit and criticize why not go have a look yourself, you all missed the opportunity most on purpose, you wouldn’t want to see any positivity in anything, Deerey was washing is hair I even offered to pay his train fair and the rest hiding in a cupboard, but you still can go and I’m sure Pat will show you round MK said an hour in the car or £16 on the train, know doubt Hilton will be at Gainsborough Tuesday go and have words and call him out to his face like I do with anything and everyone but of course we all know you won’t especially Pat he and I can see through you all lol.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

I do recall chit chat re the academy previously when its closure was mooted first time round and did mention the idea of sponsoring some how to my 2 bizz partners both keen football fans (not Scunny) alas me wearing my claret n blue googles was soon spotted and the guys advice to hang fire as too many unresolved issues with the takeover turned out to be spot on…

As a businessman i actually agree with what DH has done re the academy , tough decisions have to be made as we found out over the years and more recently during the covid pandemic.

Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

It never ceases to amaze me the level of arrogance by those who tell others how to behave towards a subject which they have demonstrated they know nothing about.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

It never ceases to amaze me the level of arrogance by those who tell others how to behave towards a subject which they have demonstrated they know nothing about.

NorthLincolnshireIrons was asking the question about how long Patrick had been on this forum, about the same time as this guy I reckon.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 46

The irony is staggering from the only person on the forum that knows the truth about the “devil”.

Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

I’m assuming the other surnames didn’t get an airing at the fans’ forum.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

I’m assuming the other surnames didn’t get an airing at the fans’ forum.

Well if you weren’t there then you may never know, which should be a first for you.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 46

White did which he said was his original name. Legally changed for personal family reasons. Denied Anderson had ever been used by him.

Care to share why this is relevant?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.