Chesterfield

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Chesterfield

• Author
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Thought we were unlucky today not to get a point today, Lavereys goal bound shot blocked by Carver but that’s what happens when your at the bottom, poor fist goal shouldn’t have let him get a shot away I didn’t think Dewhurst really had a chance of saving it, again most of our problems from poor defensive decisions Apter put us into trouble 3 times in quick succession in the first half and others doing much the same all game Gallimore for their second. What the hell is Turnbull doing not letting their fans have the corner and more as well, posters on here keep reckoning were struggling for money well anyone today I’m sure could see otherwise, also the town missing out on the away fans money 8 buses in Brigg the 1st arriving at 10’30, come on local landlords make an effort to welcome away fans. Like Ironawe said enjoyable game and the 1st to have no booing at the end for a change, show effort and the fans are there.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Regarding Apter, does anybody else think he’s regressed rather than improved since he’s been here? (Wouldn’t be the first I know!!!!!) He was pacy and exciting when he arrived and looked well capable of handling league football. Not convinced now but maybe it’s just the environment.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Don’t matter, he’ll be somewhere like Rochdale or Crewe next month.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Apter is a football league player and will probably end up in league one or the championship regularly. Him and Butterfield are wasted on this side.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Lavereys goal bound shot blocked by Carver

Might as well move Carver to CB and see if he can stop some of the oppositions shots. Doesn’t look as if he’s ever going to score does he.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    SuperfurrySuperfurry
    Participant
    Registered On: August 2, 2017
    Topics: 0

I agree on Apter, looks exciting running with the ball, but there is no end product. Looks like he knows he’s not going to be here.
    Also agree on Carver. He looks a total donkey.
    Felt a bit for Gallimore. Passing out of position. Think he is more a midfielder. Not sure what Jai Rowe has done wrong, I think he’s been over of our better players this year

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Said before that we should play the players where they’re supposed to be played. Rowe should be at RB. I really don’t understand our club.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 80

Att: 4,156

How many did Chesterfield bring?

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Att: 4,156

How many did Chesterfield bring?

Chezzy fans said they got 1650 tickets.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

To be fair to Nelson – I think that the whole appearance of this lot as a team has improved under his stewardship.
    I would go as far a to say that I don’t think we’d have been in the bottom four if he’d been in charge since KH’s departure.
    His side looks as if: clean passing has not been abolished; there is some kind of organisation; there is an actual plan; he attempts to get players going forward; his team looks the hardest working we’ve seen in quite a while.
    I think he quite probably has earned the right to stay in post in the unlikely event that there is a takeover and new bodies are brought in.
    The easy counter to this is to point out the lack of wins – in which case I’d point out the fact of him having so few real defenders to work with.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

I would go as far as to say if we’d had an experienced keeper in the Gilks/Howard mould we might not be propping up the rest of the league!

5 users thanked author for this post.
    CMCCMC
    Participant

What the hell is Turnbull doing not letting their fans have the corner and more as well, posters on here keep reckoning were struggling for money well anyone today I’m sure could see otherwise, also the town missing out on the away fans money 8 buses in Brigg the 1st arriving at 10’30, come on local landlords make an effort to welcome away fans. Like Ironawe said enjoyable game and the 1st to have no booing at the end for a change, show effort and the fans are there.

It’s almost as if there’s a bit of sabotage about the place. Heard there was a few over the top searches to get in, that’s not changed.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Yes the steward riffled my carrier bag full of drinks,crisps and sweets, caused me great offence anyone would think that we had previous issues with pyrotechnics.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Awaywego never fails to get a sly dig in, does he ?

Will you continued to get paid in your roll as club stooge now Swannster is facing financial difficulties ?

CMCCMC
    Participant

Yes the steward riffled my carrier bag full of drinks,crisps and sweets, caused me great offence anyone would think that we had previous issues with pyrotechnics.

Can you bring your own food in now, they were stopping kids bringing Maccies in.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

1995 was the last time they won at GP.
    🤷‍♂️🙇‍♂️🤷‍♂️

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Keep your food in a carrier bag and you’ll get it in.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Boom!
    SUFC 2-6 Chesterfield

“Finishing second in the Olympics gets you silver.
    Finishing second in politics gets you oblivion.”

President Richard M. Nixon

Resigning before impeachment is your oblivion Mr President.

Our oblivion sits precariously on the horizon!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.