Chesterfield

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Chesterfield

• Author
    cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

It would seem that AB has failed, thus far, to tap into the huge amount of knowledge and experience available on Bru. Come on Andy, sign up and learn.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant
    Registered On: September 21, 2023
    Topics: 37

Options appear limited to pies, sausage rolls, foot long Lincolnshire hot dog and a tinned hot dog

Cheap tinned hotdogs are the devil’s own revenge on humanity.If our much vaunted catering manager considers these acceptable he’s in for a hard life on this side of the river

Last night at the kiosk it was the cheap ones, plus staff flapping about not knowing what they were doing.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Sorry for repeating myself

Must be the cheap tinned hotdogs ‘tash!

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Butler was experimenting against Chesterfield. No way he’ll start Barrows at RWB and Nicholson on the left side. Denton and Law will be ahead of Nicholson for position as he’s been brought in to play CB.

I wouldn’t have played Nicholson there but Butler probably just wanted to see him in that position. I wouldn’t worry too much, we’ll see a more balanced team once the season starts.

I wouldn’t be too surprised if Rowley, Clunan and Brogan played in CM with Roberts playing in behind Whitehall.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

1-3-4-1-2

Fitz

Evans Kuo Nic

Scales Brogan Clunan Denton

Roberts

Charlton Whall

(Option Rowley for Clunan)

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

Law for Denton also an option ..plenty of cover off the bench while all are fit and remain uninjured.

Im sure there will be a score prediction thread for Brackley but chuckin mine in early at 1-1 which wouldnt be a bad start away at one of the sides tipped to be up there again this coming season.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Hopefully by the time of the first home game they will have sorted the catering out and bring the real fayre out ya pulled pork with chips or in a bun with stuffing and apple sauce (nice one pat), sausage baps with decent sausages from a local butchers etc,etc anything else will be a retrograde step.
    Why have we employed a catering manager and the wage that goes with it if that’s all they can offer much rather his salary go on a players wage.
    Did we ever get the chef they were advertising for?.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Always amuses me that home fans can’t go without food for a couple of hours on a Saturday afternoon or Tuesday evening.

No wonder we’re getting obese as a nation.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

Butler was experimenting against Chesterfield.

Too late to be experimenting IMO, his preferred first XI should have been established and started this game.

Iron414Iron414
    Participant
    Registered On: May 30, 2024
    Topics: 0

Been watching Southgate too much. And we know how that ended up. Let’s see how the line up is on Saturday
    Let’s attack, no teams like that.If you set up to defend you are playing into
    The opponents hands.

No surprises that both plied their trade as centre half’s. Putting a defender in charge and asking for creative and attacking football is like getting a plumber in to do your electics.

If we were playing a formation according to the personnel we have we would be sticking with 4-3-3 we saw last season and building on that whilst giving ourselves options and plan B and C for the times that it doesn’t work. Alas it appears Butler wants to totally rewrite the script.

I’d be surprised if we are still experimenting in the last game of preseason. By this point I’d expect us to be playing our starting XI and giving them valuable game time to gel.

Heart says 0-0 bore draw for Brackley game as would be happy with a point away against tough opposition but head says 2-0 Brackley.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

‘ya pulled pork with chips or in a bun with stuffing and apple sauce (nice one pat),’

Get him in your speed dial

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Always amuses me that home fans can’t go without food for a couple of hours on a Saturday afternoon or Tuesday evening.

No wonder we’re getting obese as a nation.

‘Getting’?

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

Butler was experimenting against Chesterfield.

Too late to be experimenting IMO, his preferred first XI should have been established and started this game.

Agree Cass experimenting should have been happening up until the Hartlepool game and the thought that it seems AB doesnt know his starting line up come Brackley is a tad worrying , we arent man City who can rotate every week n still win the league at a cantor.

II still think come the time suspensions and injuries happen the squad is still light on depth, can see Law Beestin Denton Kelly or Roberts being injury free for long.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Not that people can’t go without food for some it’s a really important part of the match day experience just the same as a pre match pint for others.
    That feel good factor that fans were wanting during the Swann era, we got that last season with Danny’s fayre so no going backwards.

premierironpremier iron
    Participant
    Registered On: October 6, 2014
    Topics: 28

Does Butler know what his best team is?I’m not sure

Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘That feel good factor that fans were wanting during the Swann era, we got that last season with Danny’s fayre so no going backwards.’

Is it possible to go further backwards than that hygiene rating?

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

Does Butler know what his best team is?I’m not sure

Worryingly I dont think hes does.

Re food ..having some footy food and a pint was part n parcel of the whole experience i was always a meat pie n Bovril guy ..long before the days of pulled pork the like.

On away days set off early always had to have a few beverages en route and find a good chippie near the ground.

Iron414Iron414
    Participant
    Registered On: May 30, 2024
    Topics: 0

Not that people can’t go without food for some it’s a really important part of the match day experience just the same as a pre match pint for others.

Fans may be able to go without food but the club certainly can’t go without the revenue provided by said food.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

It has to be good enough to make fans walk past several food opportunities and buy at the AA.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

It has to be good enough to make fans walk past several food opportunities and buy at the AA.

The hot dog on Saturday certainly was not.

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

i was always a meat pie n Bovril guy ..long before the days of pulled pork the like.

It’s all very well serving that basic notion of football food – but I think we should be trying to raise the bar on it and get a bit of a name for ourselves for the effort and quality.

If we’re doing hot dogs, it’s so unambitious to charge £4.00 (may even have been £4.50) for a sloppy tinned ‘eyelids and arseholes’ processed-to-f*ck sausage in a cheap (and unbuttered) bun with no onions and no ketchup anywhere to be found… Charge £6 or £6.50 for something special – a decent local sausage in some sort of quality bakery roll, with onions and really nice sauces.

This means, of course, it’s essential to have absolutely the right person (capable, confident) in control of all this stuff. Smoking Goat did improve the food offer – but as he tried to speed up / simplify / cheapen the process, I have to say that very quickly the quality declined markedly.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.