Celtic… Farsley

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Celtic… Farsley

• Author
    fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

I preferred the style of play without them.

cokeovenkidcokeovenkid
    Participant
    Registered On: January 13, 2014
    Topics: 1

Only one frustration here, we take an age to get going up front. Between minutes 50 and 70 we seem to come alive and start making the runs and passes we all want to see. A couple of goals go in and we change the team about losing all momentum. Give the lads their head and let them go at it, surely it builds confidence.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

I’m wondering if this two halves thing is down more to the opposition running out of steam after chasing their balls off in the first half. We do seem overly pedantic with our passing in most first halves but by contrast the opponents tend to chase about a lot trying to press our space, it’s always easier with the ball then without it and we do have the ball an awful lot over ninety minutes. Can’t chase and chase for ninety minutes particularly if your a part time team.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

hopefully the game on Saturday will go ahead seems the weather may be a problem according to some on the SFFBP …
    With a large following expected circa 800-1000 Iron fans some important parking info is on the Scunny website

https://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/news/2023/december/important-parking-information-for-supporters-heading-to-farsley-celtic-this-weekend/

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant
    Registered On: September 18, 2023
    Topics: 137

Iron 1-0 Celtic

Celtic 1-1 Iron

I reckon we’ll take four points from the double header.

Tamworth 2-1 Olympic

Olympic 1-1 Tamworth

Bank holiday fixtures tend to throw up some ridiculous scores due to beer, food, partying etc.

To be honest, anything could happen.

Ding, ding; R2

I’m going to stick with my 1-1 draws for Scunny & Tammy.

The weather is going to be poor, heavy rain 80% likely at Farsley.
    It’ll be a scrappy, ugly, poor game with the highlight the bovril, pie & chips at half time.
    UTI

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

The etiquette for non-segregated non-league games is that away fans go to one side of the ground and home fans the other, and change end at half-time. I hope there are no issues with this tomorrow.

SODIronSODIron
    Participant
    Registered On: July 8, 2014
    Topics: 22

I’m really looking forward to this one. Hopefully the large away following will spur the team onto another away win.

dandaherron@yahoo.co.ukJust Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: August 1, 2014
    Topics: 9

I love travelling for 10 minutes to an AWAY game rather than 75 minutes to a home game. Looked forward to it for months!
    (ps Are you visiting your family in Rodley IA?)

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Not that kind of ground Siderite one covered end with terracing one side and end flat as a fart, shared seating and standing in the other, can only see a problem if Leeds lads decide to attend, ala Nuneàton and Ilkeston.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

Either a brave or stupid decision not to segregate. Time will tell which.

Hope our small section of wannabe troublemakers go easy on the shandies and lines of talc.

We don’t need sanctions financial or otherwise at this time. The National League seem more prepared to sanction for fan behaviour than the EFL.

As Awaywego rightly says the biggest risk is that Leeds and Bradford nutters see it as an opportunity for trouble.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Well MK there’s loads going on the 8,08 with more to follow not that there trouble makers though just going for a good day out, but it does take 2 to tango and at the ground there’s 50p off a pint in the last hour before kickoff, from what I can remember they only have one set of toilets and only one food outlet so would have cost money to provide the extras, hopefully everything will go off alright just hope the rain keeps off. Ps more of the onus is on Farsley I guess police must have advised segregation and would seem there ignoring it.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

I love travelling for 10 minutes to an AWAY game rather than 75 minutes to a home game. Looked forward to it for months!
    (ps Are you visiting your family in Rodley IA?)

Quite the opposite JI so I won’t be attending, however enjoy the game and get down to the barge beforehand for a pint by the canal, it’s only about a mile to the ground from there.

bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

We will come out 0-3 winners tomorrow, but I srill cannot see the reason to play one up front. Scunny have a gar better team than any other in this league, but still cannot shake Tamworth off our heels, but with playing them at home in three weeks time, we must win that encounter. Smith and hopfully Robers will be back tomorrow, so Jimmy please go at Farsley from the start of the match.

FARSLEY 0 SCUNTHORPE 3
    Attendance 1,435

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

Prediction time … based on what sounds to be a dicky pitch but with a huge away following this will be a hard fought affair with a few goals … so im going for 4-2 to Scunny

Att pure guess 1,628

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

strange starting 11 from Jimmy ..

No Law
    Butterfield on bench
    both Elliot n Whitehall start

442 ??

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

Crap pitch.
    Keystone cops first goal.
    Evans the scorer I believe.
    At least we are 1-0 up.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Whitehall’s a hot headed idiot.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

Ref is rubbish.
    Whitehall was ripping their guy to pieces.
    Oh well… least we go in 1-0 up.

10 v 10 …

premierironpremier iron
    Participant
    Registered On: October 6, 2014
    Topics: 28

Whitehall sending off means a three game ban
    That’s all we need.A complete plonker

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 40

Watching on stream Beestin has been very poor so far

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

An ugly win, but maybe the only way to win on that pitch. Jimmy shows he has a plan B today.

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 40

Was good to see Elliot start in an attacking line up. Butterfield has been off it last couple of games (tired from carrying the team forward no doubt) so was good to rest him and that pitch would do him no favours. Problem we have now is Whitehall’s absence leaves us pretty light up top

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

Was their 2nd dismissal harsh?
    At least we came away with all 3 points.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

That second half was a terrible watch. Was Jimmy’s HT team talk ” we’re in front so forget about passing just kick it as far as you can.” That was Plan B was it?

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Terrible conditions, thought Jimmy made the right call leaving Butterfield off. Weirdly the red cards seem to benefit them more than us, looked a clear red for Whitehall, not sure why their lad got sent off?

Second half wasn’t a pretty watch but it’s another win and another clean sheet. The form is absolutely terrific at the moment. Shame we can’t shake Tamworth off.

Credit to the following today too, probably 1600-1800 have travelled today in a record crowd 2300 for them.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

It was a dire watch – but points make prizes and that’s all that matters.

Participant

Worth noting another crucial save by Fitzsimmons to keep it at 1-0, that’s 3/4 games in a row he’s made a crucial save(s) at crucial times.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Fitz had a poor game to much coaching from mussie 3 kicks in a row out of play though he did double fist the fourth which went down well, frightened everyone with that dummie he pulled and missed a few crosses, Whitehall well what can you say totally no need to react,well we’ll now if Elliot can step up let’s hope so, rode our luck at times but a wins a win still haven’t seen us play well away but we roll on. Good effort by Farsley looked after us really well.Ps missed that crucial save sorry.

Participant

Fitz had a poor game to much coaching from mussie 3 kicks in a row out of play though he did double fist the fourth which went down well, frightened everyone with that dummie he pulled and missed a few crosses, Whitehall well what can you say totally no need to react,well we’ll now if Elliot can step up let’s hope so, rode our luck at times but a wins a win still haven’t seen us play well away but we roll on. Good effort by Farsley looked after us really well.Ps missed that crucial save sorry.

Wasn’t his best game, the save I was referring too was their lad shooting across goal at the start of the 2nd half.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Awful watch but Jimmy had a plan B for that awful pitch.

Is he learning, after all ?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.