Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Celtic… Farsley

• Author
    Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant
    Registered On: September 18, 2023
    Topics: 137

Iron 1-0 Celtic

Celtic 1-1 Iron

I reckon we’ll take four points from the double header.

Tamworth 2-1 Olympic

Olympic 1-1 Tamworth

Bank holiday fixtures tend to throw up some ridiculous scores due to beer, food, partying etc.

To be honest, anything could happen.

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 70

Farsley added an experienced head in the forwards – Michael Coulson. Doesn’t need inviting twice to have a shot so will need to be up for a challenge.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

2-0 Scunny today
    Att 4028

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Farsley added an experienced head in the forwards – Michael Coulson. Doesn’t need inviting twice to have a shot so will need to be up for a challenge.

44 appearances and 15 goals in the last 6 seasons (Wiki) would suggest we might not have much to worry about, although I suppose 1 in 3 isn’t a bad return.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Will be very disappointed if the crowd isn’t over 5000 IFA, a beautiful day here and I’m sure people will turn out.

calvogarcia88ironlion
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 6

“Michael, 35, also captained the Seadogs during his six-year spell with East Coast side, where he made 250 competitive appearances and scored 104 goals. He was Scarborough’s top scorer last term with 16 goals, before leaving the club by mutual consent last week.”

Good player at this level I’d say. One to watch out for today!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

Im hoping to be over 4000 Awaywego … i cant see it being 5k

No Smith or Roberts starting or on the bench … bit surprising

PaulSanfran49
    Participant

Coulson was a clever signing by Farsley. Very experienced striker at this level and a goalscorer. He won’t pass up on a shot that is for sure.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

oh my days its Mr Wishart commentating …

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

You were right IFA 4468, poor 1st half again parked the bus in the main, though a couple of times they hit us on the break, we looked very dodgy when we scored for a few minutes but rode the storm and a great stop from Fitz and once Whitehàll scored the second twas all over, so many wanting him replaced around me but he is there when needed, With all the space we had when Elliot came on he did sod all, Ogle definitely man of the match

ScunnytimScunnytim
    Participant
    Registered On: October 12, 2021
    Topics: 5

Also thought Law and Clunan were excellent

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

Whitehall scores a tap in and he’s best thing since sliced bread. Thought he had a poor game overall, personally. I have not always thought that.

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 106

He was there to put the ball in the net, he is one of those people that some people doesn’t like, but one of those you don’t like playing against you.

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

he was there to put several easy chances in and fluffed them, we would have strolled it but for his finishing, even a change in tactics that should have suited him left him mostly behind play and when he lost the ball he gave it up far too often.
    I had to gave him the benefit of doubt due to our pub manager’s tactics of wingers coming in and crowding out the midfield and he wasn’t really the guy to play through , today, due to players being out, our wingers used width and got in behind and he still fluffed his lines. Elliot looked more accomplished in possession and given the time Shitehall has he’d produce more for the team in my opinion.
    If the manger wants his players to come in from the wings then we need better in there than we have, Butterfield especially won’t get the touches he needs if we go up ,he’ll get swamped .Beestin needed a better second half and got it.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

He was there to put the ball in the net, he is one of those people that some people doesn’t like, but one of those you don’t like playing against you.

People think because he’s a big lad he should be playing back to goal. His strength seems to be in and around the 6 yard box which is where he is picking up goals from.

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

Hence the frustration with our tactics,Cliffy

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

I think a lot of fans, certainly the ones within earshot of the main stand area where I sit, just want Whitehall to stay on his feet and stop going down like a bag of shit everytime a defender breathes on him, it’s embarrassing and unnecessary from a big guy who should be better than that. Yes he’s a wind up merchant and yes he plays to the crowd, I’ve no problem with that as long as he doesn’t getting too many bookings for pissing about but just man up FFS because it’s shite to watch and bloody rubbish full stop. As for Elliot he needs to learn to stay onside because that’s embarrassing too, just watch the bloody line when waiting for that through pass, it’s what good forwards do.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

Nailed the score prediction and wasnt too far off the attendance all in all a good day at the office for SUFC the only downside Tamworth n Chorley both winning … oh and the piss poor commentating by Wishart on BBC RH , yet again he was terrible and listeners dont have a clue where play is and whose actually on the ball or who has scored, the only facts he seems to spout are the attire of those involved and telling everyone the ref is decked out all in black isnt necessary was he supposed to be in fancy dress being xmas??

Tamworth at home next month looks like being a huge game , and i see Buxton lost they really must be our bogey side.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

As for Elliot he needs to learn to stay onside because that’s embarrassing too, just watch the bloody line when waiting for that through pass, it’s what good forwards do.

I remember a certain Paddy Madden that had a penchant for being offside. Elliot needs to be more patient as he has the pace to out run anybody at this level.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

We certainly have not got the best out of Elliott – yet.

inspectorinspector
    Participant
    Registered On: September 11, 2016

What was the attendamce?

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

What was the attendamce?

4,450 with 50 away fans.

SODIronSODIron
    Participant
    Registered On: July 8, 2014
    Topics: 22

It’s good to extend the winning (8) and clean sheet (5) streaks at home. Despite a couple of early wake-up calls in the first half the win never looked in doubt in my mind. It was a solid result against a team who had set-up very defensively.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

It’s good to extend the winning (8) and clean sheet (5) streaks at home. Despite a couple of early wake-up calls in the first half the win never looked in doubt in my mind. It was a solid result against a team who had set-up very defensively.

Yep pretty much how i saw it … having just listened to Clayton Donaldson interview its strange how some peoples prospective differs … though at least he recognized they were well beaten in the second half.

dandaherron@yahoo.co.ukJust Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: August 1, 2014
    Topics: 9

Haven’t picked up why Smith and Roberts were absent. Roberts still carrying a knock? Smith ….??

TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023

According to Dean, Smith had a blowout on his way back from Scotland and didn’t arrive at the ground until 1.15.
    I presume it was a tyre.
    https://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/news/2023/december/-player-jimmy-dean-reacts-to-boxing-day-triumph/

BarnardFoxtonBarker..BarnardFoxtonBarker..
    Participant
    Registered On: June 28, 2017
    Topics: 0

We need to play the ball forward far quicker to utilise the pace of Elliot when he comes on. Yesterday we were just seeing the game out so he was making runs and nobody was playing the ball to him hence the offsides.

PaulSanfran49
    Participant

Haven’t picked up why Smith and Roberts were absent. Roberts still carrying a knock? Smith ….??

Roberts got a slight ankle knock so they would not risk him and Mr Smith was a car tyre blowout – no idea when he would arrive so Beestin was going too have a few minutes from the bench started. They reckon Conor arrived near to 1.30.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017

Roberts got a slight ankle knock so they would not risk him and Mr Smith was a car tyre blowout – no idea when he would arrive so Beestin was going too have a few minutes from the bench started. They reckon Conor arrived near to 1.30.

Thought Dean said Roberts had a slight accident, totally innocent and had hurt his shoulder but he should be available for Saturday, guess one of us is hearing things.

BarnardFoxtonBarker..BarnardFoxtonBarker..
    Participant
    Registered On: June 28, 2017
    Topics: 0

That was my take on it also I-A. I think Law deserves to keep his place for Saturday so we don’t have to rush one or both of them back.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.