Catering Point a Joke

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Catering Point a Joke

• Author
    Patrick0811Patrick0811
    Participant
    Registered On: March 30, 2023
    Topics: 0

Very few games in our league are ticket matches, and think you will find the same now you have dropped down another league, you may find Scunthorpe are the exception because of your large away fan base, last season the only one I remember was ticket, your first game this year at Tamworth.
    Plus of course a lot of the smaller clubs you will be facing this year don’t charge for under 16s….our club does not do pre paid tickets on line, or any of our local clubs on the same level.
    Without wanting sound rude, and I certainly mean that, I think you and many other Scunthorpe fans may not have grasped to what level of grounds, amenities, etc, you are about to experience?… having said that, you will meet some great people along the way, Rushall for example, great little club, nice chairman, played us off the park there last season, but you probably won’t get more than 150 – 200 tickets at their ground…which for a big club like yourselves it will be a bit of reality to you.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 101

Very few games in our league are ticket matches, and think you will find the same now you have dropped down another league, you may find Scunthorpe are the exception because of your large away fan base, last season the only one I remember was ticket, your first game this year at Tamworth.

Yep but away games don’t matter for the purposes of our catering, do they?

You don’t need to lecture me on non-league football, I’ve been to dozens of non-league grounds all over the country, I know what to expect. Will be interesting to see if segregation is enforced at all our games and – as you indicate – for the first time in our history it might be tricky to get tickets for the away end for a Scunthorpe game.

Patrick0811Patrick0811
    Participant

If you have been to all that many non league grounds you should know full well all your games will involve segregation…. and bit have to wonder about it?

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013

If you have been to all that many non league grounds you should know full well all your games will involve segregation…. and bit have to wonder about it?

Not many grounds at the levels I’ve been to have had segregation other than for certain games. For example, I’ve only seen it twice at Gainsborough I think, in 20-30+ visits.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017

‘he doesn’t go to games so nothing to pay,’

That’s a lie you’re merrily turning into a myth.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘Pat you know that’s what people want and all without no drop in quality far from it.’

Lol, What would you do for an a la carte slap up I wonder?

XxxXxx
    Participant
    Registered On: May 27, 2017
    Topics: 3

‘he doesn’t go to games so nothing to pay,’

That’s a lie you’re merrily turning into a myth.

you dont live in Scunthorpe anymore you must have moved to Ashby

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Patrick0811Patrick0811
    Participant

Hi Deereyme
    Not really much call for A La carte here although we do have the facility’s for it, I did run a top end eaterie on the Costa Del Sol, so if Scunny win the league and want to have a posh knees up here I can accommodate, maybe Dave Hilton will foot the bill. Ha ha

Deereyme66Deereyme66

That’s great to know 👍

Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 17

just a thought n i waint no expert on catering for large numbers ..but

Why dont SUFC sub contract the matchday catering out ?? if they cant do it right find some one who can

I could be wrong but I’m sure the club tried this when Swann was here and it was even worse.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

There you go again pat,he’s not being slagged off for saying he’ll get it right is he? It only work for you if h was, another user on here used to do that trick and you hated him for it

ermmm, yes he was, read the post again.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Maybe Deerey’s been serving a ban and that’s why he’s not been seen anywhere near glanny park, good news for him though maybe not for others, Hilton’s giving an amnesty to all that have one.

Patrick0811Patrick0811
    Participant

Hi awaywe go
    Not received anything through the post yet?…..

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

Maybe Deerey’s been serving a ban and that’s why he’s not been seen anywhere near glanny park, good news for him though maybe not for others, Hilton’s giving an amnesty to all that have one.

a large portion of Hilton’s fan base have served bans and some will do so in the future

fans6464

There you go again pat,he’s not being slagged off for saying he’ll get it right is he? It only work for you if h was, another user on here used to do that trick and you hated him for it

Just have,he’s saying he doesn’t like what he says not that he doesn’t like him having his say which are two different concepts

Participant

Just have,he’s saying he doesn’t like what he says not that he doesn’t like him having his say which are two different concepts

When did I say he said he doesn’t like him having his say???? Do you just make stuff up as you go along?

Participant

a large portion of Hilton’s fan base have served bans and some will do so in the future

And a large portion of the shit stirrers against him have served bans, (at least two have served prison sentences).

Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘Maybe Deerey’s been serving a ban and that’s why he’s not been seen anywhere near glanny park’

I’ve explained numerous times that I attend games when I can due to living away. You’re just trolling now. It’s embarrassing tbh.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Awaywego is doing what he always does TBF, he sees a chain and yanks it.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Grandson keeps trying to get me to be a fisherman he tells me there’s nothing better than reeling a big one in.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Nah, just tedious tbh.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

There has been plenty of ground baiting in recent weeks.

BottesfordIrons5North Lincolnshire Irons
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2017
    Topics: 58

Want to congratulate DH on starting to sort out the catering problems. Better quicker service and more food available and more on offer at last night’s game.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

The teeth gnashers won’t like that, unless the pies are hot of course 🤣

fans6464

After they’ve stopped making death threats and threatening peoples wives they may take time out to notice they’re man” Dave” did something other by than wear the right jumper

Participant

After they’ve stopped making death threats and threatening peoples wives they may take time out to notice they’re man” Dave” did something other by than wear the right jumper

It doesn’t matter who ran this club people like you will never be happy or be willing to give an ounce of credit, you were the same with Wharton on the old site, always negative. I have yet to see a positive post from you about anything, football or non football.

fans6464

I just find death threats to be more important than one night not queung for once Pat,especially given the post I was responding to about “tooth gnashers”

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

The catering is a good step and should be applauded.

More of these actions please and less of the bragging about being a saviour and how everyone needs to stop criticising and be grateful. I couldn’t care less about building up someone’s ego.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

No Pat not of yet.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.