fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

Are you Australian?

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

This is so very tiresome. DM has just been critical at times. Being critical isn’t toxicity.

Patrick0811Patrick0811
    Participant
    Registered On: March 30, 2023
    Topics: 0

Yes, and I have a touch of Eskimo, Chinese, Pakistan, and Alien in me as well, it helps when I go on holiday, I also speak Spanish (true actually)… and have travelled extensively, but yet to meet anyone as strange as some on this site!

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Calm down mate. Remember this is a forum for Scunthorpe United supporters. Sometimes we agree with each other, Sometimes we don’t. It’s life I’m afraid

Patrick0811Patrick0811
    Participant

Deereyme can write what he likes no problem… but when he tries to put me down he needs to accept the response, don’t shout it out and not take it back… before today I have not used one person’s name on here, unlike others, who have used mine….

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Imagine a forum, a world, in which we agreed with each other all the time. Not real is it? It irks me that only 100% positivity about our new owner seems palatable to some. Very odd.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

I’ve accepted your response Patrick. You don’t appear to have accepted mine. And tbh, my comment about you was more a dig and little wind up with awaywego. I’m sure you’re a lovely chap, and your hospitality to some of our supporters is genuinely gracious. That’s fair enough isn’t it?

dandaherron@yahoo.co.ukJust Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: August 1, 2014
    Topics: 9

I thought the response to tennis balls and catering issues was pretty reasonable. Swann ain’t in charge so no need for terrace disruptions. If Hilton meets with the catering staff to assess the needs then that sounds like a fair response to customer comments. Let’s see if he can crack a long term issue. I’m still nervous about how all this ground ownership stuff is going to play out … but certainly ain’t part of any ‘love in.’

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

What was the point of the tennis balls? Not being a true fan, I didn’t attend. Has anyone asked the culprits

Patrick0811Patrick0811
    Participant

Deeremy.
    I did accept your response, and clearly said that your post had been pleasant for a change and not critical of something.. which every other one has been for a long time.
    Pre Bystander I invited you to Ilkeston if you remember?… I was a little miffed reading some idiot on here describing Ilkeston as a shithole awash with drugs… I thought why not invite someone prominent on here to come and see if that’s true? And there is no one on here more prominent than you.
    And thats not a criticism.. just true.
    Fortunately we played Scunthorpe and NOT ONE SCUNNY FAN had anything negative to say about our club, just compliments about everything.
    And you had an invite to see that months ago and dispel the crap on here about our club… which in my eyes did not qualify you to say anything negative about us when you declined the chance to see for yourself, plus of course regardless of some people’s opinion, it quite often benefits clubs to be connected in someway… players on loan springs to mind.
    We at Ilkeston accept you are a big club and we are not, and welcomed you , accepting you beat us on the pitch fair and square, and pleased it seems to have kick started your season.
    Tomorrow is another day and we will put this behind us now, I hope for the best for both our clubs.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Agreed, tomorrow is another day. I wish you no ill will Patrick. Good luck for Ilkeston Town FC this coming season. Do you have an independent supporters forum for your own club?

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Patrick0811Patrick0811
    Participant

Yes we do, strangely we have an official Ilkeston suppoerters forum , and an unofficial Ilkeston supporters forum (don’t ask me)..
    We have a twitter account as well and another Facebook account that I don’t know how to access, I don’t think we are as lively on forums as yourselves, but having said that I am not so tech savvy to access everything (never managed to post on the Scunny face book site, otherwise known as the ..Happy clappers site… to some, always said “post declined… for some reason?…so hence me on here sometimes.
    I tend to prefer talking to people face to face if possible…old school I suppose

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 17

David White on Facebook…

A few things I’d just like people to know.

Firstly, the service and quality of the food and drink previously available to our supporters has not been to the standards you deserve. Measures have been taken including a change of supplier and new additions to the menu to remedy this.
    I have now been made aware that despite my instructions to ensure we always have to much, rather than not enough, we ran out of food and certain drinks quite early on Saturday causing considerable embarrassment to me and the club.
    I have also been alerted to the fact that the supporters match day experience with us are being impacted by the speed and level of service they are receiving providing such things.

The feedback from you is not complaining or negativity. I need it to be able to eradicate the problems and ensure we are always looking to improve. We still clearly have a long way to go.

I will be meeting with all staff on Monday emphasising what my expectations are, also how important these secondary spends are to ensure the club’s sustainability and progression and how important it is to give supporters the best match day experience possible. We want to encourage people to spend with us by not leaving any supporter in a queue far too long or by wondering if they will even be catered for at all.

Moving forward we will be better, I apologise to everybody and promise that the situations I’ve mentioned above will be resolved for Tuesday evening.

On a separate issue, the lads throwing tennis balls onto the pitch have now been identified on CCTV. Anybody causing a disturbance or issues before,during or after a game will be banned permanently from attending fixtures, we will also send our own officer to away fixtures to ensure this works home and away.

This is not something I want to happen and I’ve shown that by giving previously banned supporters a second chance.
    Please respect that issues like this will create the club extra work, they carry financial implications and potentially catastrophic sanctions.

It is childish and completely unacceptable and quite simply it will not be tolerated.

It’s a fresh start for the club and everyone who cares. Please help us remove the culprits attempting to spoil things for us all.

Comes across as arrogant IMO. Blaming everyone else but himself. Not interested in your bollockings you’re going to be dishing out – just sort it out and stop whingeing on Facebook. Bloke’s got a bad attitude.

FFS, here we go again…he says nothing and gets slagged off for keeping fans in the dark, so he comes out on social media, apologises for the issues fans experienced and promises to put it right and guess what? He gets slagged for that, talk about a brick and a hard place!

2 users thanked author for this post.
    ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Agree Pat DH cant win .. dammed if he does dammed if he doesnt…

FFS give the bloke a chance.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

That was yesterday. We’ve moved on. Today is another day. Today I’m getting a tattoo of DH’s fizzog on my chest. UTI!

sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 28

That was yesterday. We’ve moved on. Today is another day. Today I’m getting a tattoo of DH’s fizzog on my chest. UTI!

Please don’t or we’ll have old man Nally on here offering to put your photo on the cover of Ilkestons match day programme.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘Don’t mention the war!’

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

As long as your getting to your better place DM that’s what matters overall, peace bro.

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

There you go again pat,he’s not being slagged off for saying he’ll get it right is he? It only work for you if h was, another user on here used to do that trick and you hated him for it

Patrick0811Patrick0811
    Participant

(In reply to Pat’O, cake)
    You are right in what you say, and knowing Dave Hilton he will try his very best to rectify the catering problem you have at your stadium.
    Unfortunately catering for a football match can be very difficult, there is a balance between producing too much food and having a lot of waste and therefore making little or no profit, or producing too little and have the fans upset.
    The weather, and the attendance, being major factors. when I first started catering for large crowds I got it wrong more times than right, but the mistakes are what give you the experience to get the balance right by being very much on the ball watching the supporters carefully before kick off, if you see damn well it’s going to be packed you have up till half time (the rush hour) to quickly prep as much as possible, meaning if you do have some waste it is not so bad because you have taken a good few quid.
    So what Scunthorpe really needs is someone with that ability, Dave will try and solve the problem with over stocking and producing too much waste(that’s not a criticism, just a fact) ,but give him respect for addressing the problem and having a go, it won’t be too long before the balance will be right, and you have a good catering system there.
    Patrick
    Ilkeston

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Don’t think you need to remind us where you’re from Patrick! Interesting post though. Question: do you think your experiences at Ilkeston Town, catering for much smaller crowds, is translatable to 2-3,000 at Glanford Park? Economies of scale?

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

just a thought n i waint no expert on catering for large numbers ..but

Why dont SUFC sub contract the matchday catering out ?? if they cant do it right find some one who can

sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Topics: 28

Well this is how far Scunthorpe United have sunk.
    A burger flipping snack van owner on an industrial estate on a Derbyshire backwater is advising us on how to run our clubs catering.

Patrick0811Patrick0811
    Participant

Deeryme
    Catered for
    Over 2000 before, same high standard as when Scunny came…

Patrick0811Patrick0811
    Participant

Yes your bang on mate…when a back street burger flipper is doing better than a ex championship club… it means he must be brilliant… or your dreadful…make your own mind up on that one folks. .!!

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

He does own a snack van that his daughter runs but he runs 3 catering outlets 2 executive lounges with food and bars provides the catering for the directors and their visitors and after match food for the players that makes him well placed to advise us on catering any Scunny fan who went to ilkeston will tell you that, all these posts on Hilton and yet when the supposedly the most hated man Swann when he posts absolutely nothing from you, Ps Snot you’ve not come back with where Hilton’s promises can be read lol.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

He certainly has a bit of Sid S.N.O.T about him with his beligerent attitude at times, or maybe more Gizzard Puke 🤮🤔

Patrick0811Patrick0811
    Participant

(Reply to ironfromafar)
    Reasonable question you ask, but the outside caterers would charge far more to the supporters for the food, I have witnessed that at many grounds where this happens, the club usually charge them an agreed fee for the pitch so the caterers over charges to cover it.
    For example at our last away game at Hitchin it was looked to me to be outside catering (I could be wrong but doubt it)… they were charging £6 for a burger half the size of mine(mine £3.50)
    needless to say I didn’t see many Ilkeston fans queuing up!… so the moral of my story is… while it may well solve the catering problem for Mr Hilton, it will be fans who get their trousers taken down…
    Then no doubt there will be fans on the forums raging at Hilton because they can not afford a burger at the new prices….
    Better sort it in house with a bit of good training and better value for the good old Scunny fans… me thinks.
    PS… I certainly don’t mind any comments from anyone on my catering, but not from some clown that would not know a hot dog from a burger.
    No names mentioned!

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

The weather, and the attendance, being major factors. when I first started catering for large crowds I got it wrong more times than right, but the mistakes are what give you the experience to get the balance right by being very much on the ball watching the supporters carefully before kick off, if you see damn well it’s going to be packed you have up till half time (the rush hour) to quickly prep as much as possible, meaning if you do have some waste it is not so bad because you have taken a good few quid.

Virtually every game these days is pre-ticketed – the vast majority of tickets are sold in advance, so clubs have a pretty good idea of how many will turn up.

Reasonable question you ask, but the outside caterers would charge far more to the supporters for the food, I have witnessed that at many grounds where this happens, the club usually charge them an agreed fee for the pitch so the caterers over charges to cover it.

Depends how you structure the contract: do they pay a fee, meaning they have to recover that fixed cost before making any profit? Or do you do it like a franchise where you set the prices but rely on another company’s expertise, economies of scale & staffing structure to leave them headroom for a profit?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

No £6,50 for a posh sounding sausage sarnie is acceptable from one of the Grimsby owners outlet according to Deerey, that’s ok for him he doesn’t go to games so nothing to pay, now me I normally have 2 grandkids intow and no way would I be paying that nigh on £20 quid just for a snack no way, you keep pricing for families Pat you know that’s what people want and all without no drop in quality far from it.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.