Catering Point a Joke

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Catering Point a Joke

• Author
    BottesfordIrons5North Lincolnshire Irons
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2017
    Topics: 58

Went to the catering point for the main stand 20 minutes into the match wanted two burgers with onions. Asked do you have any onions, no sold out and only one burger left. Asked do you have two hit dogs, no sold out and reply was I might put some sauces in for half time and ask my manager for some pies for half time. Didn’t bother. Big queues at half time and fans still queueing when we had kicked off again. The catering is an absolute shambles!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Time to get Pat in to sort it.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Always been the same. It’s hard to spend your money at GP as the facilities are poor and also poorly managed.

Hilton did identify this at the fans forum, he even said we lost money on the Oldham such was the lack of revenue from secondary income at GP.

XxxXxx
    Participant
    Registered On: May 27, 2017
    Topics: 3

Time to get Pat in to sort it.

You cant say that

ironlion82ironlion82
    Participant
    Registered On: January 20, 2014
    Topics: 8

It’s been like it for years. Thousands of pounds of lost revenue every season !

open hearth ironopen hearth iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 7

Ffs anyone comment on game

XxxXxx
    Participant
    Registered On: May 27, 2017
    Topics: 3

I guess you never had a pie then

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

Ffs anyone comment on game

Instead of whining, why don’t you just do it?

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 70

It’s been like it for years. Thousands of pounds of lost revenue every season !

Our attitude to catering as many say has been shocking, more like tens of thousands. Seems yet again delivery to the counters is the minimum we can get away with.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

No backing for “Pat” Cliff you went to Ilkeston and saw how good and professional his catering outlets operated. They were selling the pulled pork and stuffing rolls so that’s got to be a plus.

bishopsfingerBishops Finger
    Participant
    Registered On: September 7, 2014
    Topics: 14

David White on Facebook…

A few things I’d just like people to know.

Firstly, the service and quality of the food and drink previously available to our supporters has not been to the standards you deserve. Measures have been taken including a change of supplier and new additions to the menu to remedy this.
    I have now been made aware that despite my instructions to ensure we always have to much, rather than not enough, we ran out of food and certain drinks quite early on Saturday causing considerable embarrassment to me and the club.
    I have also been alerted to the fact that the supporters match day experience with us are being impacted by the speed and level of service they are receiving providing such things.

The feedback from you is not complaining or negativity. I need it to be able to eradicate the problems and ensure we are always looking to improve. We still clearly have a long way to go.

I will be meeting with all staff on Monday emphasising what my expectations are, also how important these secondary spends are to ensure the club’s sustainability and progression and how important it is to give supporters the best match day experience possible. We want to encourage people to spend with us by not leaving any supporter in a queue far too long or by wondering if they will even be catered for at all.

Moving forward we will be better, I apologise to everybody and promise that the situations I’ve mentioned above will be resolved for Tuesday evening.

On a separate issue, the lads throwing tennis balls onto the pitch have now been identified on CCTV. Anybody causing a disturbance or issues before,during or after a game will be banned permanently from attending fixtures, we will also send our own officer to away fixtures to ensure this works home and away.

This is not something I want to happen and I’ve shown that by giving previously banned supporters a second chance.
    Please respect that issues like this will create the club extra work, they carry financial implications and potentially catastrophic sanctions.

It is childish and completely unacceptable and quite simply it will not be tolerated.

It’s a fresh start for the club and everyone who cares. Please help us remove the culprits attempting to spoil things for us all.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Don’t think you can ever resolve the queueing issue hopefully just a bit more speedier, nice to see him acting on the issue.

TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023
    Topics: 11

He’s obviously onto the issue, to be fair it’s a minor one compared to dealing with Swann.
    Why would anyone be throwing tennis balls onto the pitch ?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

On tuther side says to do with something that happened at Gainsborough can’t think what though, a laugh first time but some fans were getting pissed off with it and they were told, could see it getting violent if it carries on.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

No backing for “Pat” Cliff you went to Ilkeston and saw how good and professional his catering outlets operated. They were selling the pulled pork and stuffing rolls so that’s got to be a plus.

Oh aye, pulled pork and stuffing rolls have always been the barometer of good taste. Are you on commission?

Deereyme66Deereyme66

David White on Facebook…

A few things I’d just like people to know.

Firstly, the service and quality of the food and drink previously available to our supporters has not been to the standards you deserve. Measures have been taken including a change of supplier and new additions to the menu to remedy this.
    I have now been made aware that despite my instructions to ensure we always have to much, rather than not enough, we ran out of food and certain drinks quite early on Saturday causing considerable embarrassment to me and the club.
    I have also been alerted to the fact that the supporters match day experience with us are being impacted by the speed and level of service they are receiving providing such things.

The feedback from you is not complaining or negativity. I need it to be able to eradicate the problems and ensure we are always looking to improve. We still clearly have a long way to go.

I will be meeting with all staff on Monday emphasising what my expectations are, also how important these secondary spends are to ensure the club’s sustainability and progression and how important it is to give supporters the best match day experience possible. We want to encourage people to spend with us by not leaving any supporter in a queue far too long or by wondering if they will even be catered for at all.

Moving forward we will be better, I apologise to everybody and promise that the situations I’ve mentioned above will be resolved for Tuesday evening.

On a separate issue, the lads throwing tennis balls onto the pitch have now been identified on CCTV. Anybody causing a disturbance or issues before,during or after a game will be banned permanently from attending fixtures, we will also send our own officer to away fixtures to ensure this works home and away.

This is not something I want to happen and I’ve shown that by giving previously banned supporters a second chance.
    Please respect that issues like this will create the club extra work, they carry financial implications and potentially catastrophic sanctions.

It is childish and completely unacceptable and quite simply it will not be tolerated.

It’s a fresh start for the club and everyone who cares. Please help us remove the culprits attempting to spoil things for us all.

Comes across as arrogant IMO. Blaming everyone else but himself. Not interested in your bollockings you’re going to be dishing out – just sort it out and stop whingeing on Facebook. Bloke’s got a bad attitude.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Really?

Baz51B.gray
    Participant
    Registered On: December 29, 2013
    Topics: 0

Blokes fine by me but you my friend have got a real problem.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

DH post / statement came across as being ok to me .. hopefully the food issues will improve along with the football.. the proofs in the pudding .. thats a black pudding bacon n egg bap.

[/url]

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

This response from a supporter:

‘My daughter works in one of the catering points and they do all do the best they can with the staffing and food they are given. So being well stocked with food and more staff will definitely reduce the ‘comments’ these young adults receive from supporters when there’s nothing left or staff having to do 5 jobs at once.’

His response? In no way aimed at ground staff. Yeah, right.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

DH post / statement came across as being ok to me .. hopefully the food issues will improve along with the football.. the proofs in the pudding .. thats a black pudding bacon n egg bap.

[/url]

Looks like a Widowmaker

Deereyme66Deereyme66

I said he comes across as arrogant IMO. If you don’t agree with me chaps, that’s fine. Don’t shoot me for not joining in the Dave love in.

BottesfordIrons5North Lincolnshire Irons
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2017
    Topics: 58

In my opinion if DH puts more effort into the daily running of our football club and less emphasis on fighting Swann as reported in the National League Newspaper our Club would be in a much better position than it is right now.
    Having worked at the club several years ago for over ten years and seen how it was run over that period of time, there appears to be no leadership whatsoever now. The catering points each had a senior in every one guiding and instructing the many young staff and a person in charge going round filling each point throughout the first half of the match. There was always plenty of food and the quality was good including excellent pasties and even Lincolnshire sausage baps. At the end of the matches any pies and pasties re.aining were sold off very cheaply to fans in the bars and exec lounge. There was hardly any waste. The problem I feel is that staffing has been cut to the bare minimum so please DH don’t blame the youngsters in the catering points they need guidance not ridicule.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013

The last bloke was good at talking about problems, let’s see if the new guy is better at fixing them.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Anyone know if the bars underneath the side stands can be made operational relatively quickly? Surely that would alleviate some pressure.

SUFC_IRON_ARTSUFC_IRON_ART
    Participant
    Registered On: June 10, 2016
    Topics: 0

Didn’t the previous owner move Study United from their original space into what was the OSG Bar?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Where did he say bollockings Deerey you made that up didn’t you? and from someone who doesn’t seem to like other posters making things up, you come across as quite arrogant yourself in interpreting what Hilton meant and actually said.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Shock horror NLI, Hilton gives an interview to an independent newspaper that’ll upset many on here they were relying on him not doing that so they could continue to criticize, should you really be advertising the fact as well as the poor catering it’s not a good look when last week you were criticizing Pat when he had after all said he could sort ours out.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Anyone got the full article from the Nation league newspaper it doesn’t show it in full missing the bit about the ground being a community asset him not wanting it and the iron trust wavering their right to buy. Will try and buy one if not.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Where did he say bollockings Deerey you made that up didn’t you? and from someone who doesn’t seem to like other posters making things up, you come across as quite arrogant yourself in interpreting what Hilton meant and actually said.

In his numerous posts about the subject on Facebook, he made references to speaking to staff telling them what he expects and what he won’t put up with. In my book, that’s giving someone a bollocking. Sorry to say anything less than reverential about your new hero.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.