Home Forums Non Football Can of worms

Awaywego
    Participant
    Topics: 33
    Replies: 631

Labour calls for urgent investigation into why ethnic minorities are more vulnerable to covid 19, more than a third of patients who are critically ill in hospital are from ethnic backgrounds,Labour might not like the answer.

Northumbiron
    Participant
    Topics: 249
    Replies: 10997

Worms are always good for fishing.

BloodyRubbishIron
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 1829

Go on, enlighten us. What is this evident truth that you are certain of, but is being passed over by Labour?

1 user thanked author for this post.

Iron-awe
    Participant
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 4184

Could be a long pause BRI.

Awaywego
    Participant

We’re did I mention certain, bloody rubbish, in my opinion it is because the ethnic minorities don’t intergrate into society they just do there own thing,they are not very good at social distancing, and i can only speak on what I see in the Crosby area, so maybe all these migrants are not a good idea, instead of drinking on Frod road last night they went behind fedoras club on ferry road out of way of the police, so is it wonder if other parts of the UK are the same it’s more likely that they will catch covid more,And the Labour party wants more of them.The far right might come up with another reason which I don’t think any of us want to hear, so in my opinion that is why Labour might not like the answer but They have asked the question.

Northumbiron
    Participant

And the Labour party wants more of them

????

BloodyRubbishIron
    Participant

The way you framed it inferred a degree of confidence that any investigation would find you to be right.

That may be one aspect, but the answer is likely to be more complex. I suspect any investigation would find overcrowded housing in such communities to be a large factor, possibly the biggest one, so we can’t just distil it down to what you want.

Given that you think that the lockdown is bad, in your opinion, I am surprised that you care about people breaking it.

Northumbiron
    Participant

This lot must all be from ethnic minorities then: –

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/coronavirus-police-shut-down-494-house-parties-in-four-days-in-greater-manchester-11971032

BloodyRubbishIron
    Participant

Yep. I am sure some ethnic minorities are flounting, but so are some white Brits. Are one flounting more than the other? Hard to say. One obvious difference between white Brits and ethnic minorities are living conditions. I’d imagine that this is a bigger role in coronavirus disparity than the ‘usual suspects’ finding some disagreement in how ethnic minorities behave in this instance.

TwoWrights
    Participant
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 1806

We’re did I mention certain, bloody rubbish, in my opinion it is because the ethnic minorities don’t intergrate into society they just do there own thing,they are not very good at social distancing, and i can only speak on what I see in the Crosby area, so maybe all these migrants are not a good idea, instead of drinking on Frod road last night they went behind fedoras club on ferry road out of way of the police, so is it wonder if other parts of the UK are the same it’s more likely that they will catch covid more,And the Labour party wants more of them.The far right might come up with another reason which I don’t think any of us want to hear, so in my opinion that is why Labour might not like the answer but They have asked the question.

Cupid stunt, I suppose the ‘ethnic minority’ Muslim doctors and nurses that have died of this virus didn’t integrate, and in the hospitals they worked at only saw other ethnic minorites.

It’s our time.

Heath
    Participant
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 1928

Don’t assume that your “don’t integrate in Scunthorpe” claim applies to all Moslems in other towns/cities in the UK.

THE-99%
    Topics: 890
    Replies: 4234

I find it odd that any answer found would be liked by anyone at all, people are dying ,what’s to like?

THE-99%

I live in Crosby, it’s n0t just immigrants,ignoring the rules,certainly not on Ave Vivian anyway ,it’s as though no one cares , where are all these police we heard about on another thread?

Awaywego
    Participant

its the labour party asking not me, they want an enquiry not me, i have only highlighted why this might be so from what ive seen in the the crosby area. so come on twowrights,heath,99%,BRI,and NI give us your opinion on why more of a third critically ill in hospital are from ethnic backgrounds, its not a trick question there will be a reason for it.

Heath
    Participant

“I find it odd that any answer found would be liked by anyone at all, people are dying ,what’s to like?”

I’ll thank what I want thanks. NOT sure that you can link thanks on a forum to people dying.

If you dont like it get rid of the thanks link.

THE-99%

not sure what youre on about Heath, have you read the opening post of the thread?

Northumbiron
    Participant

and NI give us your opinion on why more of a third critically ill in hospital are from ethnic backgrounds,

BRI answered that. Many migrants end up in poorer quality housing in more densely populated areas. It’s not a trick answer!

Awaywego
    Participant

See what your saying NI but it’s not like Crosby is full of high-rise flat’s I could go along with that if it was,it’s more there ignoring government instructions I just don’t get it, be honest was it white British who were reaching overyou in the supermarket the other day.

BloodyRubbishIron
    Participant

Crosby doesn’t have a huge coronavirus problem as yet and it’s not just about the high rises. A lot of ethnic minority families live with a lot of people in one household.

Heath
    Participant

Apologies Fans, but I’m not sure what you are on about. Forget it and move on.

THE-99%

awaywego assumes labour won’t like the answer, I am pointing out there is no answer anyone could like when 1000s are dying,
    100% of Doctors that had died at the point he wrote this were from an immigrant background, what does tha tell us?

THE-99%

Awaywego
    Participant

then WHY are labour asking the question 99%.and the nhs relies heavily on migrant doctors and nurses which i am most thankful for, but i dont think you will find them in big groups other than at work,

THE-99%

I don’t t know, I am not a mind reader, perhaps they want to know why?

BloodyRubbishIron
    Participant

Labour are asking questions because they want to ensure government looks into the reasons why, so they can be addressed and those most at risk from such pandemics can be cared for appropriately. Therefore, the risk should be minimised if there is a next time. In a democracy we can’t just rely on the government for their stated word, not media investigations for keeping government honest, a functioning opposition is needed to press home too.

We can all put forward hypotheses why on here, but it doesn’t have any solid grounding until there’s an authorised investigation.

Pat O’Cake
    Participant
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 1729

The groups sat drinking bottles of cider outside The Malt Shovel over the Bank Holiday weekend (and most days of the week when I’m in Ashby) don’t look or sound very ethnic to me.

Heath
    Participant

“i dont think you will find them in big groups other than at work”.

As previously stated, large family groups living close by, often 3 or 4 generations living in the same property by choice.

Awaywego
    Participant

just read scunny evening telegraph,”romanian sent to jail for 36 wks for been at lockdown house party which spilled onto street 15 to 20 in attendance, like i said maybe thats why the bame group are catching coronavirus more,maybe it will be in the telegraph next week about the malt shovel brits hey.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.