Buxton FC

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Buxton FC

• Author
    mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

A non exhaustive analysis of abandoned matches suggests the result stands only when the home side is losing and have some culpability in the cause of the abandonment.

Examples of this are floodlights failing, fans on the pitch or red carded players refusing to leave the field. I did not find any precedents of games abandoned due to weather conditions only not being replayed.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Just watched the video of our penalty, goalie moved and moved forward off his line both not allowed selective viewing there lino specially seen as though your eyesight was so clear in the first half to flag for theirs, one specific job for the lino at penalties is to watch for those movements no offsides or fouls to look for just the movement of the goalie he failed miserably.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Comment on the ironarmy yt vid saying points have gone to Buxton .. so result stands , of course not saying how accurate that info is

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

I think the person saying that is being sarcastic and shouldn’t be taken as someone with any inside information.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Anything could happen with the referee’s report and the Micky mouse authorities.

I’m not bitter about the result, we weren’t at the races. But how can you award Buxton the points with a minimum of 5 minutes still to play- more like 7/8 with stoppages.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

Anything could happen with the referee’s report and the Micky mouse authorities.

I’m not bitter about the result, we weren’t at the races. But how can you award Buxton the points with a minimum of 5 minutes still to play- more like 7/8 with stoppages.

Yes i too am not bitter re the result as Scunny were very very poor and Buxton came to do a job n did it well ..aided by inept officials the weather and some of the worst time wasting ive seen something which contributed to the lenghty added on time and also not mentioned by the Buxton manager in the newspaper article post match whinge.
    Im of the opinion the ref just wanted to get out the building after realizing he had dropped areal bollock and his report will be softened solely to to protect his actions therefore IMO result standing no replay.

TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023
    Topics: 11

Do we really want to play that team again ? Bad enough we have to go to their place.
    We are going to come against shite refs and rubbish, defensive teams all season. They were shite but we couldn’t do anything about it. Freak weather at 2 games is unlucky but, take it on the chin, learn the lesson and get on positively with rest of the season.
    If it is ordered to be replayed does that mean Scales is still suspended for 3 matches as the Buxton one won’t count ?

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

Do we really want to play that team again ? Bad enough we have to go to their place.
    We are going to come against shite refs and rubbish, defensive teams all season. They were shite but we couldn’t do anything about it. Freak weather at 2 games is unlucky but, take it on the chin, learn the lesson and get on positively with rest of the season.
    If it is ordered to be replayed does that mean Scales is still suspended for 3 matches as the Buxton one won’t count ?

Good points TJO … whilst i remain enthused and positive with regard to the first few games of the season i do have lingering thoughts that if we cant break down teams who set up like Curzon n Buxton it will obviously lead to points dropped and possibly a play off spot at best… take into account injuries suspensions and its safe to say WGs HMS piss the league has hit the rocks already.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant
    Registered On: September 18, 2023
    Topics: 137

After the abandonment of the fixture at the Estádio de Agua a couple of weeks ago – we have the rescheduled fixture to look forward to on Saturday.

Football & weather predictions?

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

Iron 2-1 Bucks
    Att: 2,387

bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

Confidence appears to be f;agging due to injury and suspensions that the players keep picking up. Buxton are another very moderate team, and Scunny should throw men into attack, but we do not seem to do that, and there also seems to be of the opinion that the ball must be blasted at goal chances, Jimmy must tell the players that you only get ONE GOAL if it is a world beater or just a tap in !!!!!!

I am going for SCUNTHORPE 1 BUXTON 0 (that is unless our
    keeper does not try being clever in the area.
    Attendance of 2,607, down a lot due to happenings this week,
    many of them have had as much as they can endure.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

3000+ an early goal and we’ll walk it, if we don’t much of the same as last time. Missing the next 2 games at home but grandson will keep me up to date.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Scales back and Beestin to come on for last 20 mins will add some belief. I’ll go for a tight 2-1 win to the iron. Once Beestin is fully back with Clunan we’ll be fine.

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

I don’t think there will be a drop in the crowd for this, you’ll have those who want to go to maybe the last game at GP, people who go out of habit and the club employees who sit in their free seats and slag the fans off.

Business as usual I think

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

Iron 2-1 Bucks
    Att: 2,387

After today’s chaos I’m now going:

Iron 0-2 Bucks
    Att: 1,948

Participant

Iron 1-2 Buxton

Attendance: 2760 with a few hundred Season ticket holders missing.

IronIronIronIronIronIron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 6

3-0

Support the team.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

If the players don’t get paid then it’s unlikely that they’ll have an appetite for the game.

TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023
    Topics: 11

I already said in another thread that I wasn’t going anymore whilst WHAM is there.
    The banning issue just underlines that.
    I can’t go and support a team built on not paying debts, ccjs, unpaid wages, pensions, ex players etc.
    Scunthorpe United are cheating the other teams in the league and I won’t support that on principle.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Don’t worry to much we’ve being cheated often enough,Bolton, Palace, Wigan to name but a few.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

I already said in another thread that I wasn’t going anymore whilst WHAM is there.
    The banning issue just underlines that.
    I can’t go and support a team built on not paying debts, ccjs, unpaid wages, pensions, ex players etc.
    Scunthorpe United are cheating the other teams in the league and I won’t support that on principle.

Be interesting to see how many show their disdain by their absence.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

I’ve put my apologies in for not attending,would loved to have been there.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

You off to that radical feminist conference mate?

3 users thanked author for this post.
    ironeyeironeye
    Participant
    Registered On: August 10, 2023
    Topics: 8

cant pay so the players won’t play

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

What a dilemma?

No pay = (potential) No play.

But

No play = Walkover to opposition?

No play = Points deduction?

What a wretched situation in which to be placed?

We don’t even have an U18 team that could fulfil the fixture so as we aren’t penalised by the authorities.

It’s a sad mess we are in.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Hasn’t being the case at other clubs why should it be at ours.

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant
    Registered On: September 21, 2023
    Topics: 37

I’m not saying I don’t believe that the players haven’t been paid in the past, or that there is a chance they won’t be this month (as nothing would surprise me at the moment regarding club finances). But are we sure? Is there proof?

Participant

Hasn’t being the case at other clubs why should it be at ours.

Depends if our players choose to play or not

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

If you want to be dramatic of course, still doesnt explain why our players would be any different to other clubs though. Don’t forget they’ll be on top dollar here and won’t want to walk away lightly, first port of call would be the Pfa and let them deal with it.

Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

If you want to be dramatic of course, still doesnt explain why our players would be any different to other clubs though. Don’t forget they’ll be on top dollar here and won’t want to walk away lightly, first port of call would be the Pfa and let them deal with it.

Not all of the players will be members of the PFA, only those who have previously been registered with EFL clubs will be.

1 user thanked author for this post.
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.