Brackley Town

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Brackley Town

• Author
    Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant
    Registered On: September 18, 2023
    Topics: 137

For me, left back is a problem area for us. No Ogle today will mean that right back will also be a problem.
    No Butterfield is a big loss. It’ll be a hum drum midfield.
    Their front two are mobile and will give our centre backs a tough ride.
    I think we are going to struggle today.
    Sadly, my revised prediction is:

Saints 2-0 Iron.

I do so hope that I’m wrong!

PetePoshmanPetePoshman
    Participant
    Registered On: January 9, 2024
    Topics: 1

It’s bloody terrible isn’t it? I’m not even on the same continent as the team, and I still can’t stream it. The league sure does work hard to make sure there is limited to no access to the teams to watch. I’ll have to catch the highlights later on.

PetePoshmanPetePoshman
    Participant
    Registered On: January 9, 2024

Whoops replied to the wrong comment, disregard.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

It’s bloody terrible isn’t it? I’m not even on the same continent as the team, and I still can’t stream it. The league sure does work hard to make sure there is limited to no access to the teams to watch. I’ll have to catch the highlights later on.

Maybe there’s a challenge to be contested here.

Is this practice in the publics best interest?

If you paid me £100 per game, I still wouldn’t go to watch a Sheff Utd or Nottingham Forest game.

Should football be run by the cartel known as the Premier League or by the FA & EFL?

It’s a restrictive practice. It’s censorship. It’s controlling what should be a free market.

The EU wasn’t all bad:
    “They may also hold back innovation, put companies out of business and deny consumers access to a wide choice of goods and services at reasonable prices.”

https://competition-policy.ec.europa.eu/index/whistleblower_en

If we want to watch Brackley v Scunthorpe on NLTV… then we should be able to.

Denying us the opportunity to follow our team isn’t going to encourage us to drive all the way to Sheffield or Nottingham to watch Premier League football.

I’ve absolutely no interest in that type of ‘fake football’.

There are many of us whom no longer live in the towns or even in the country of the clubs that we support.
    There are many of us who are disabled and aren’t able to travel to watch our favoured team.

If I was deaf, then I wouldn’t be able to listen to the match commentary on the radio.

Doesn’t that breach the Equality Act of 2010 – discriminating against disabled people?

This restrictive practice is detrimental to the finances and very existence of small clubs like ours.
    It cuts off a revenue stream and disassociates people from their team.

Maybe the matter requires the Competition and Markets Authority to peruse it?

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/competition-and-markets-authority

Freedom of Choice?

“Yes massa”

1 user thanked author for this post.
    GurnelistaGurnelista
    Participant
    Registered On: April 2, 2014
    Topics: 13

“The EU wasn’t all bad”

Allo Allo…. Ornott and Lesgeo repeatedly told us it was!
    They did a lot of “careful research” about the “evil empire”, ordered everyone to post it on Facebook, told us we were “taking back control” and pushed the country into a position of epic and often violent stupidity.
    Now, we’re all disadvantaged, not least your deaf friends.
    It’s time you trumpeted that from your café soapbox, Rene.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Lol, is it Remembrance weekend?

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

Hopefully we can reminisce about a great victory today?
    UTI

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

There was only one real mistake, Gurnelista – we left it in the hands of Tories to implement.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

2 down. Ffs

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

For me, left back is a problem area for us. No Ogle today will mean that right back will also be a problem.
    No Butterfield is a big loss. It’ll be a hum drum midfield.
    Their front two are mobile and will give our centre backs a tough ride.

Saints 2-0 Iron.

Doh!
    Tamworth also now have a better goal difference than us.

IronIronIronIronIronIron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 6

Maybe there’s a challenge to be contested here.

Is this practice in the publics best interest?

If you paid me £100 per game, I still wouldn’t go to watch a Sheff Utd or Nottingham Forest game.

Should football be run by the cartel known as the Premier League or by the FA & EFL?

It’s a restrictive practice. It’s censorship. It’s controlling what should be a free market.

The EU wasn’t all bad:
    “They may also hold back innovation, put companies out of business and deny consumers access to a wide choice of goods and services at reasonable prices.”

https://competition-policy.ec.europa.eu/index/whistleblower_en

If we want to watch Brackley v Scunthorpe on NLTV… then we should be able to.

Denying us the opportunity to follow our team isn’t going to encourage us to drive all the way to Sheffield or Nottingham to watch Premier League football.

I’ve absolutely no interest in that type of ‘fake football’.

There are many of us whom no longer live in the towns or even in the country of the clubs that we support.
    There are many of us who are disabled and aren’t able to travel to watch our favoured team.

If I was deaf, then I wouldn’t be able to listen to the match commentary on the radio.

Doesn’t that breach the Equality Act of 2010 – discriminating against disabled people?

This restrictive practice is detrimental to the finances and very existence of small clubs like ours.
    It cuts off a revenue stream and disassociates people from their team.

Maybe the matter requires the Competition and Markets Authority to peruse it?

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/competition-and-markets-authority

Freedom of Choice?

“Yes massa”

Have a day off Rene. Sometimes you talk bo##&£ks.

Iron64iron64
    Participant
    Registered On: December 26, 2013
    Topics: 3

5 mins to go according to 365 in play stats we are yet to have a shot on target despite more possession, attacks and dangerous attacks.

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

2 down and Jimmy remains Teflon… he cannot be criticized according to some

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

Have a day off Rene.
    Sometimes you talk b0110cks.

Listening to RH… it seems we were today?
    UTI.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

Saints 2-0 Iron.

Doh!
    Tamworth also now have a better goal difference than us.

I don’t believe we had a shot or a corner?

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

Beware of Brackley

Connor Hall bagged a debut hat-trick for them in their 3-1 win against Banbury on NYD.

Two headers and a sublime third for the 25 year old.

They also hit the bar twice and what looked to be a penalty turned down.

They followed that up with a 1-0 away win at Spennymoor last Saturday.

Three wins on the bounce for them.

He’s bagged four in his first three games for them.
    Sort of forward we need.

IronIronIronIronIronIron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 6

“The EU wasn’t all bad”

Allo Allo…. Ornott and Lesgeo repeatedly told us it was!
    They did a lot of “careful research” about the “evil empire”, ordered everyone to post it on Facebook, told us we were “taking back control” and pushed the country into a position of epic and often violent stupidity.
    Now, we’re all disadvantaged, not least your deaf friends.
    It’s time you trumpeted that from your café soapbox, Rene.

We suffered more and more, and paid more and more, the longer we were in the EU. Give it time and we will benefit big time.

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

On the positive side, Doncaster lost to a 93rd minute goal at home PMSL

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 106

Apart from hitting the bar did we have a shot of note, it sounded like like we were trying to walk it in and then lose it, sounded like a poor performance from us after the first 10 minutes, missed Butterfield and Whitehall

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Let’s hope we can hold onto second place and get that home draw in the playoffs, that’s very hard for me to say being traditionally an away fan, just don’t fancy us against anyone away.

another fed up fananother fed up fan
    Participant
    Registered On: May 10, 2022

Jimmy is not the man to manage our team even if he gets us up will need replacing.
    We probably don’t have the money to pay him off so stuck with him no idea what contract he has but it’s too long.
    Today was a disgraceful performance very similar to the performances that got us relegated last season.
    I hope I am wrong but after today playoffs at best and only 250 full time players to choose from not sure we can pick a team to win them

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

Why is the EU being discussed on a football forum? I don’t think we will see benefits from cutting off freer trade from our nearest trading partners and will only see positivity if we redevelop trading links, but leave this to non-footy.

I don’t care if Les is anti-EU, this is not relevant to his football opinions.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

The club can’t afford it but the players and management/coaching staff should be coughing up to reimburse all todays travelling fans. Disgraceful performance.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

well that was a total load of gash .. im so sad my prediction came to fruition but we are well n truly fooked in our current state .. my only solace being we are SUFC and GP is ours ..no way we will go up on this performance.

cokeovenkidcokeovenkid
    Participant
    Registered On: January 13, 2014

The difference between home and away performances shows us where the problem lays. A shame we may pass up such a great opportunity to bounce straight back.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

A shame we may pass up such a great opportunity to bounce straight back.

Lack of squad depth and a transfer embargo hardly helps.

cokeovenkidcokeovenkid
    Participant
    Registered On: January 13, 2014

A shame we may pass up such a great opportunity to bounce straight back.

Lack of squad depth and a transfer embargo hardly helps.

Well I can’t see it being any better next season, can you ?

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

19 games to go; all still to play for.
    Jimbob really ought to reconsider his formation?

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Well I can’t see it being any better next season, can you ?

This is a section of the Happy New Year Statement.

“We’ve managed to get our club back, we’ve managed to get our ground back, and now we strive every day to bring this great football club out of a long-standing transfer embargo due to the sheer number of football creditors that were left for us to take on. This isn’t an easy fix, and is costing hundreds of thousands of pounds, and it is only through the help that you, the football community, the business community and many others have given, that we have been able to tackle what we’ve achieved so far. That journey is still ongoing. Our aim is to have cleared all outstanding debts by the end of the season, so we can go into the summer with a fresh start on the business front”

We’ll have to wait and see. HMRC bills Hilton lumped us with will be up to date Mid Jan, which is obviously any time now. Settling the HMRC debts have cost a pretty penny so when that’s up to date the money spent on that can go to the many football creditors.

“The outstanding HMRC bills we inherited will be cleared and back up to date in mid-January, something that has taken huge chunks out of our revenue in the last three months”

As I said above, we’ll have to see what happens.

bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

I really thought that Scunny would come away with three points today, ,but listening to the game, it sounded that they did not turn up to give Brackly any fight, and it sure looks like the play offs.
    It is a very big to the team without Smith and Butterfield, and the stand ins are not good enough, Beestin aqnd Willson do not seem to play to their real abbility, and it will be a struggle to get points on the run to the end of the season.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.