Brackley Town

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Brackley Town

• Author
    Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant
    Registered On: September 18, 2023
    Topics: 137

Who’ll be the saints and whom will be the sinners?

Nine of their games have finished 1-0 (wins & defeats).

It’ll be a tight game.

Let’s hope the pendulum swings in our favour.

Heart: Saints 0-1 Iron
    Head: 1-1
    Gut: 1-0

If I was forced to have a bet, I’d go 1-1

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Sounds a bit doom n gloom buy only my opinion , not wishing to ruffle any feathers or piss on anyones chips but i think the Boston result (loosing the lead twice , an injury time goal against and a lost 2 points could well be a turning point in our season going forward , im predicting a 1-0 loss away to Brackley who are bang in form followed a 1-1 draw at home to Tamworth , 2 points from a possible 9 will leave us X points adrift of Tamworth and a lot to do… Scarboro Chester Brackley and others will be closing n on us.

If the same Boston second half Iron turn up v Tamworth they will cream us.

HMS piss the league was never gonna happen and twas folly to think it was .. i think we will end up in the playoffs in which case its anyones game on the day.
    Of course such is the nature of the game we may wollop Brackley and Tamworth and be sitting pretty.

cokeovenkidcokeovenkid
    Participant
    Registered On: January 13, 2014
    Topics: 1

I think you’re right, that late goal against Boston will turn out to be significant. I d be surprised if we see the top of the league again now. Second ? Well that’s just a lottery ticket

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

For me, the team doesn’t work hard enough.
    Jog, jog, jog.
    No one’s prepared to put their body in the line of fire and take one for the team (except possibly Ogle).
    We’re too slow to press and put people under pressure.
    The forwards don’t make enough runs and false runs.
    The midfield ain’t dynamic enough. They don’t break forward enough nor shield the defenders well enough.
    A defeat to Tamworth and we’re in the sweepstake for that play off place.
    How would you change it?
    Does Jimbob have a plan?

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Far too much negativity after one disappointing draw.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

I know what you are getting at Rene but I think the rest of the back 4 and Scales certainly should be included in the hard work club.

With Clunan and Butterfield I don’t think it’s a question of work ethic but rather the kind of players that they are. When opposition put 4 in midfield and make it a battle (like Boston did in the second half and in their home game) we stop dominating the ball and rarely win it back in midfield. Jimmy then tends to pull the wide forwards inside to help the midfield. Neither Smith, Roberts, Laws or Wilson are particularly good at suddenly becoming combatative midfielders and we lose our creativity and most of our goal threat. Also Elliott/Whitehall then become the only out ball. The full backs stop bombing on which again reduces our threat and choices of outball.

Have seen this happen in way too many away games as well as the occasional home game.

Easy from the stands of course but if you are trying to hang on to games you need to sacrifice Butterfield and one of the wide forwards and replace with 2 combatative midfielders. Shrimpton is the only one we have at the moment so Pugh would have to come back to be the other.

The other alternative (and the one I would favour) is to stick to plan A. Stick to our shape and style and trust we can score more goals than most NLN opposition. Yes you are going to lose 1 or 2 games with the criticism that comes with that but I think we would win an awful lot more than we would lose. Winning 2 and losing 1 every 3 games gets you very close to winning the league. 3 draws in 3 games drags you into the middle of the play off pack.

The make up of our squad is totally geared for Plan A. Time to be brave Jimmy. What would your hero Jurgen do? His team got battered for 45 minutes yesterday but he kept his front 3 up there and ended up winning because they had better quality up front.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 40

Dean went negative with his subs and paid the price. Hopefully he’ll learn. We won’t win the league by being ponderous.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Far too much negativity after one disappointing draw.

Anybody would think we’re on a 6 game losing streak lol

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

We are playing poorly and aren’t dominating games.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023
    Topics: 11

Come on Rene, first half on Saturday Boston hardly got a kick. Smiths first touch was a joy to watch and some of the football way above any expectations for this league. We let them off the hook, and paid the price for not getting a third goal but the season isn’t over yet, it’s one game against a decent Boston team. Hopefully back to winning ways at Brackley.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

Agreed; we must avoid being dragged down to kick & rush, hoofball.
    We need to dominate teams and have them chasing shadows for the full 90 minutes.
    Recently, we only seem to play well for half a game?

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

We need to dominate teams and have them chasing shadows for the full 90 minutes.

I agree we need to dominate teams and completely outclass them for 90 minutes but it’s not realistic though, is it, rene ?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Agree WG you will never boss a game for 90 minutes but when you are in the ascendency as we were in the first half on Saturday we have to maximise our advantage by scoring more goals and killing the game off. We should have gone in at half time with at least four goals under our belt but we had a 2-1 lead due to missed opportunities and sloppy defending. However we are NLN so maybe our expectations are a little high in what we should achieve but with 20 games left I’m happy with what we have done so far this season. Keep the faith guys I reckon Tamworth will crack before the season ends we just need to keep going and pushing on.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

A must win game.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

Beware of Brackley

Connor Hall bagged a debut hat-trick for them in their 3-1 win against Banbury on NYD.

Two headers and a sublime third for the 25 year old.

They also hit the bar twice and what looked to be a penalty turned down.

They followed that up with a 1-0 away win at Spennymoor last Saturday.

Three wins on the bounce for them.

Connor Hall:
    https://www.brackleytownfc.com/news/new-signing-connor-hall-joins-brackley-town-2824633.html

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

1-1 is the shortest correct scorecast at odds of 24/5

bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

I am going for a 2-0 win for Scunny, although Brackly have won their last 3 games, they were against two teams that are badly out of form, and Scunthorpe will be a different task for them, and they had lost their previous three matches, it is a game that we must win.

We cannot set out for a draw, or we will then be seven points adrift of Tamworth who we play next week, 5 points adrift wi with a game in hand would not be too bad.

PetePoshmanPetePoshman
    Participant
    Registered On: January 9, 2024

It looked like a completely different team in the 2nd half. I felt they had a good hold on the game up to that point.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

A very tough away test against a side bang inform …
    Prediction 2-1 to Brackley (hope im wrong)

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

We need to shackle Hall & Newton.
    Both look decent.
    Matwasa, the little tricky right winger looks good too.

Dan Lewis their keeper will be 42 in June – hard and low boys. Hard and low.

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Topics: 70

I am going for a 2-0 win for Scunny, although Brackly have won their last 3 games, they were against two teams that are badly out of form, and Scunthorpe will be a different task for them, and they had lost their previous three matches, it is a game that we must win.

We cannot set out for a draw, or we will then be seven points adrift of Tamworth who we play next week, 5 points adrift wi with a game in hand would not be too bad.

We are more than capable of winning all our games. Provided we play OUR game without overthinking all scenarios. So stop over elaboration, to me to you passing. Get the passing accurate and sharp and forward at pace.

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 106

I watched the Brackley v Banbury game on the weekend pass and thought Hall looked good

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Topics: 101

They looked a very solid side at our place and I particularly liked the look of the big lad in central midfield, thought he was someone we could be looking at next season. A draw would be a good result, we have to remember that this league is played over 46 games, you win nowt in February!

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

I watched the Brackley v Banbury game on the weekend pass and thought Hall looked good

Agreed. He’ll be a handful tomorrow.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

I think we’ll win 1-2. Fancy law and Elliot to score.

another fed up fananother fed up fan
    Participant
    Registered On: May 10, 2022

2-1 scunny Elliot with both,shame about Smith but if we don’t go up with the squad we have then we definitely have underachieved

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

Three players who have scored free kicks from outside the area, none available tomorrow or Tamworth. Butters a massive blow!!

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

I see there are no NLN games being televised tomorrow?

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

I don’t think they can stream 3.00 Sat. NLN/S if there are Prem. games.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

Butterfield missing is a huge blow for today,Tamworth and maybe further, seems a few negative events coming at the wrong time may well see our promotion push effected and teams behind us inching closer whilst the Tamworth train steams ahead .. worrying times.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.