Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Brackley prediction thread

• Author
    plymironPlymiron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 27

Likewise 2wrights :)

3-1 to the Iron. UTI

Guessing it was just me hoping for a late goal for Brackley :)

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

That’s class 64 from someone who rarely praises the team performance, I’ll say yet again i get behind the team at the start of every game i go to and want them to win every game, every games a new start for everyone
    and don’t have a favorite player to pick on unlike you.

I Would have been happy if Jimmy was still here that would have meant we’d got promotion would you lol.

I’m sorry for your loss

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Excellent start to the season good performance n 3 points from a difficult away fixture.

Game sounds like it was quite close and pivoted on at Scunny 1-0 up Fitz twice and a goal line clearance saved the day .. an equalizer would have obviously changed the whole game.Fitness work rate and more attacking pressing system also being lauded as factors.

WELL DONE TO ALL inc the 600 fans who traveled.

Hope Roberts is ok AB said only a fatigue issue saying that alternating Roberts for Brogan in match may happen a lot this season though Brogan is getting rave reviews so he could well be in the starting 11 more as time goes on.

As afoot note as expected Nong Bua Pitchaya lost to Buriram 4-0 with Abo Eisa making his debut as No 9 .. gonna be a long hard season i see it as NBP are the whipping boys ala Burnely Luton m Sheff U were in the EPL.

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 40

Glad to be incorrect in my prediction, was a much easier start than I envisaged. Great start.

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

That was a nice surprise considering they’ve been up and around the top end of this league recently. Even nicer to hear the new lads outperforming those brought in by the last two.

Onwards and Upwards.

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant
    Registered On: September 21, 2023
    Topics: 37

Brackley 2 – Scunthorpe 0

Very happy to be wrong about yesterday – but it’s only one game.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

That’s a sad and bitter post CMC, all teams have players from previous regimes why does it make you happy that some of the new lads out performed the old don’t you want everyone to do well.
    Last two?

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

Because we fell short last season and, if the new signings outperform past players, we might not this one?

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

Seems from reports the whole team played well … though its very pleasing to see the newbies all being singled out for praise and doing so well, hopefully Charlton will do the same now his surprising suspension is done which according to AB came out the blue via a Friday phone call…never realized they carried on over a season.

Re the “last two – Dean n Hilts” i think its pretty much guaranteed for whatever reason and there were some players that just didnt want to be here and play jimmy ball so lets hope everyone is on the same page this season … it certainly does look as though they are.

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

That’s a sad and bitter post CMC, all teams have players from previous regimes why does it make you happy that some of the new lads out performed the old don’t you want everyone to do well.
    Last two?

A sad and bitter post, That’s a cracker coming from you!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 40

I watched on stream yesterday, did anybody else see the cricket in the background? They took a wicket at exactly the same time we scored our second or third goal.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

A word of caution, we won our first away game last season against a team that ran away with the league. Not again surely. UTI.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

We were the second best team that day though Cass, unlike yesterday from what I’ve read.
    Need a follow up win against Marine, looking back we probably lost the league in them first 10 games 2 losses against Curzon and Buxton and the draws against Peterborough S, alfreton and Chorley, must put teams to bed this season well at least find a way to break them down if it ain’t working adapt and change something which Jimmy couldn’t or wouldn’t do.
    Like the 5 sub rule that might help a bit, slight difference from NL they can name 7 and play 5 where we can only name 5 but still play 5.noticed still no room for a goalie where with 7 I suppose it would be a given.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

I watched on stream yesterday, did anybody else see the cricket in the background? They took a wicket at exactly the same time we scored our second or third goal.

Yes! I saw that. Who needs EFL grounds when you got 2 for the price of 1 watching NLN streams? Kind of surreal though.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

A word of caution, we won our first away game last season against a team that ran away with the league. Not again surely. UTI.

I know what you’re saying and it’s only one game but I don’t see Brackley doing a Tamworth myself. Should be up there though

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Yesterday was my first away day for many a season and I thoroughly enjoyed it although it was a long day with road diversions etc. The shock of walking into a non league ground, just looking around and seeing how far we have fallen under previous dodgy owners is quite sobering to say the least. The game is all about opinions and after a reasonable even first half when we didn’t look in any real bother the second half after an early wobble when Fitz made two quick good saves was overall a lot more comfortable for the Iron. We controlled the majority of the second half and Brackley became more ragged the longer the game went on. The amount of times Brackley attempted passes out to their left flank and over hit the ball out of play was quite noticeable and the last twenty minutes we had more room to play and keep the ball due to our superior fitness. It was a well deserved away win and a thoroughly professional performance when 3 goals up to manage the game out. Butler got his subs spot on, using them wisely at the right times during the game and this enabled us to control the latter stages comfortably. As I say all about opinions and in mine it was an excellent away performance for the first game of a long hard season. Andy was right in his post match interview, we have to be patient and not get carried away but we have a much fitter stronger squad than last season, that is not in any doubt and it’s just a matter of seeing how the squad size holds up when suspensions and injuries kick in. I believe we will see a lot more substitutions this season than last under JD because I believe Butler and Schofield know how to manage this smaller but fitter and stronger squad in a more professional way than in previous seasons by other managers we have had.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

Talking about subs I just remembered something I noticed. All subbed players interacted with Butler when coming off except Whitehall when he and Butler seemed to ignore each other. Trouble at t’mill? I hope not.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Whitehall wasn’t really at the races yesterday. I hope he improves for his sake because if he doesn’t we’ll be seeing Carlton and Beestin up top. Roberts looked really awkward and out of place playing centrally, it may be a problem trying to make room for him in this formation.

I’d start Brogan there personally, we need him on the pitch right from the off.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

Talking about subs I just remembered something I noticed. All subbed players interacted with Butler when coming off except Whitehall when he and Butler seemed to ignore each other. Trouble at t’mill? I hope not.

good spot cass maybe sulking cos got subbed. Another thing i noticed take a look at the players on the pitch at the end celebrating applauding the fans on the club FB page .. it seemed like Fishburn went to high five Roberts n both awkwardly pulled out.. just seemed odd.

Whitehall wasn’t really at the races yesterday. I hope he improves for his sake because if he doesn’t we’ll be seeing Carlton and Beestin up top. Roberts looked really awkward and out of place playing centrally, it may be a problem trying to make room for him in this formation.

I’d start Brogan there personally, we need him on the pitch right from the off.

Whall has had a poor pre season, some saying he played ok yesterday other stating otherwise.. hope his heart is in the club and the season to come.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Didn’t think Whitehall played too bad but not that good either. He was being a nuisance but too many poor passes and touches to justify not getting subbed. Missed an excellent chance second half, missing the target from close range.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Brogan looked much more comfortable and effective in Roberts position so maybe start him and use Roberts as an impact sub to give more width on the right if there’s an opportunity to exploit a weak left back? Looks most effective to me when he cuts in from the right flank and dribbles with it. Quite a handful.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Even nicer to hear the new lads outperforming those brought in by the last two.

Onwards and Upwards.

The guy who scored a brace yesterday has served under 7 (seven) different managers*, and 3 different owners.

So work that one out!

*By my reckoning Hurst, Wilcox, Cox, Hill, Nelson, Dean and Butler.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

I’m actually a bit concerned by the Brackley result.
    Everyone is talking about us. However, we should be looking at this through the eyes of Brackley fans.
    Was this really the side that was just pipped by Boston in the NLN final? Is this the side that looked the best defensive outfit in the NLN last season?
    Is this the side that, largely, Scunny couldn’t cope with?
    I’m hoping that this is all about our improvement being as huge as it looks BUT, to me, Brackley did not seem a patch on last season’s outfit.

NosterNoster
    Participant
    Registered On: July 24, 2017
    Topics: 4

From the YouTube snippet, Brackley looked flat footed and disorganised. Could it be because we were quicker and defensively organised? 45 league games to go.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

11 of 15 Brackley players from yesterday played in the play off final. Of the 4 replacements for this season 3 came from EFL or National League with the other from NLS winners.

Same manager as well so don’t think their quality has dipped. They had a 10 minute spell just after half time and another little burst late on. They can play if you let them. Both their spells were a result of our wing backs resorting to being full backs.

Always the danger when you let 3 at the back become a 5. If they keep playing with that intensity for 45 more games we will have a great season.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘From the YouTube snippet, Brackley looked flat footed and disorganised.’

That clip was deceiving. They were well organised and shaded it in the first half and were only denied by some excellent break up play and saves in the second half.

‘Could it be because we were quicker and defensively organised?’

Yes. Fitter too, passed the ball better particularly second half, created more chances and were clinical when it mattered. Very accomplished.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

Goal highlights for anyone interested.

https://youtu.be/qIFJ6mxrMCY

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

One thing I’ve banged on about for years has been our failure to get balls beyond the GK and not having players coming in to meet the crosses.
    We did this twice and very successfully on Saturday.
    It was not quite as pictured with a 1970s style Percy Freeman or Ernie Moss or Alick Jeffrey plundering in from the edge of the box to nut it into the top corner but it was a big step in the right direction.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

Many PL forwards would have been delighted with a finish like Boycie’s. Left peg too.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

If he’d been a yard further back it would have cleared the stand mind.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.