Blue Monday – A New Order – Tell Me Now, How Should I Feel?

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Blue Monday – A New Order – Tell Me Now, How Should I Feel?

• Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 100

Solihull 1-2 Grimsby

“And I thought I was mistaken
    And I thought I heard you speak
    Tell me how do I feel?
    Tell me now, how should I feel?”

A very blue Monday!

VanadramaVanadrama
    Participant
    Registered On: May 24, 2022
    Topics: 0

Hard to keep saying about keeping positive, on the one hand Scunny’s position is eerily similar to Gy’s, a wretched chairman who was too busy looking at the money at the expense of running a capable team, and both said teams crashing out of the League into potential NL oblivion…the one crucial factor is that the new Gy setup was in place as they crashed out. There was a real feeling of positivity this time last year despite the reality as the new owners immediately started putting things into place.

No new owners for the Iron in the close season is as disastrous as it can get. Time to drop any bitter rivalry, any previous grievings, just bite the bullet and realise that Gy’s business model is the one to emulate for success, be it a quick return or the long haul.
    Fenty WAS the problem, Swann IS the problem.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Grimsby didn’t “crash out” adrift on 26pts.

They had the core of a decent NL squad. We don’t!

It will need a huge change in personnel from top to bottom if we’re to get anywhere near emulating them.

DuziDuzi
    Participant
    Registered On: August 16, 2014
    Topics: 1

On the bright side – Solihull is probably my closest match now!

VanadramaVanadrama
    Participant
    Registered On: May 24, 2022

See, this is where the failure begins. They crashed out, they let Southend, a club in a dreadful mess, overtake them. They had a decent team core?? Why was that? bc Hurst was brought in, he failed to save them but immediately brought in better players, some from the bargain bin, thinking that even if they went down they would be prepared for the opening day of the next campaign.
    Swann brought Hill in, who arsed about bringing in kids, no prepping at all for what was to come just prepping to finish the season on 26 pts, emit soundbites and shrug.
    That last sentence is bang in line with your final sentence. New personnel, top to bottom. But the emulating needed to start 3 months ago, instead it looks like the York/Stockport/close your eyes and hope spiral was adopted, the club becoming an ever more unattractive sellable asset.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Lost out to Walsall maybe?

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

Solihull 1-2 Grimsby

“And I thought I was mistaken
    And I thought I heard you speak
    Tell me how do I feel?
    Tell me now, how should I feel?”

A very blue Monday!

On the positive side, we won’t get humiliated by them now. :-)

ironmaster1ironmaster1
    Participant
    Registered On: January 26, 2022

I have 2 pals who are cods, they have been intouch with me, never bragged about winning promotion, they just felt sorry for us not able to have 2 derby games. and having a pathetic so called chairman in charge.
    It is going to cost the club a lot of money with long away games as most of them are down south. There will be lots of overnight stays, i dont think Swann has thought about that.

I don’t think i will buy a season ticket as we have no chance of promotion with the likes of Notts county,Chesterfeild, Wrexham all spending big money on players. plus the likes of Sollihull who are a decent team with a good manager.
    A depressing season for me next season.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Don’t Grimsby fans feel sorry for themselves not been able to have 2 derby games? They missed out last season on 2, i remember me saying how sorry I was for them last season. Nice to see your 2 cod pals showing contempt and a condescending attitude towards you, did you run their noses in it last year?.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

True to form this evening awaywego, completely misinterpreting 👏

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Misinterpreting nothing Deerey. shouldn’t allow cods to feel sorry for a scunny fan
    they were taking the piss, like me saying to my Liverpool pal sorry you didn’t win the league or champions league he’d soon f me off.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 101

Glad Grimsby won, I couldn’t face two derbies with such a gulf between the two clubs.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.