Bennett to South Port 3 Month Loan

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Bennett to South Port 3 Month Loan

• Author
    WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Lee Hughes was a disgrace as a bloke but I never saw him as that dirty on the pitch

One match against us at home he elbowed somebody in the face and booted another and was a right nasty piece of work all game.

I can’t remember who it was he clumped but can remember him being a right dirty pillock. Lee Thorpe was terrible to play against back in the day, I remember him elbowing people in the head, neck and sticking the boot in.

Thorpe used to get away with most of it though as he was really sly with it, he was a much more sneaky Steve Torpey type. I vaguely remember Cortez belle as he reminded me a bit of a bargain bin John Fashanu.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

Aiston should have had a minimum three month ban. The worst ‘tackle’ I’ve ever seen. I felt sick.
    Worse still was, on the way home, listening to his manager make little of this evil assault and clearly did not see it as worthy of a red card.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant

Let’s not forget Dave Caldwell – thug extraordinaire.
    And who was that animal who used to be a forward for Hartlepool in the 70s? – He gave me nightmares!

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant

Sorry about Hartlepool. I was too early in my thinking. It was Keith Nobbs in the 80s.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Sorry about Hartlepool. I was too early in my thinking. It was Keith Nobbs in the 80s.

He had an appropriate surname for a thug.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Aiston should have had a minimum three month ban. The worst ‘tackle’ I’ve ever seen. I felt sick.

What makes it worse was Sheldon was down at the corner flag trying to waste time and he flung himself at Sheldon with no intent to win the ball with the referee having a clear view and only gave a yellow card.

One of the worst decisions you’ll ever see. Tackling like that now would probably earn you a 6 month ban.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.