Participant
    Registered On: May 25, 2017
    Topics: 10

Leaves us a little light up top.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Better than losing Whitehall or Elliott and hopefully won’t have to use the 28 day clawback on him.

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant
    Registered On: September 21, 2023
    Topics: 37

What a waste of time bringing him in. I’d have said this whether he’d gone out on loan or not. Baddum-tish.

premierironpremier iron
    Participant
    Registered On: October 6, 2014
    Topics: 28

When he was here on loan when we were a league club I thought he was a complete waste of time but in this division he was OK.Certainly wins more ball in the air than Whitehall,I just don’t think he has been given enough games

BurringhamIronBurringhamIron
    Participant
    Registered On: May 25, 2017
    Topics: 10

Tom Pugh has gone to Hereford on a months loan.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Both loans to be expected, all part of tightening the belt time, frugal days ahead but we knew that anyway.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    plymironPlymiron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 27

Anyone know if loan players are allowed to play against there parent club in the NLN – or does it depend on the individual arrangements with each player?

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

Hereford are saying Pugh will not play against us in December.

pelePele
    Participant
    Registered On: January 27, 2014
    Topics: 19

Hereford are saying Pugh will not play against us in December.

Shame,it would of benefited us

2 users thanked author for this post.
    WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Both loans to be expected, all part of tightening the belt time, frugal days ahead but we knew that anyway.

Ferris, Pugh and Bennett gone. Southport to sign carver on a perm contract and Chapman out the door with a cheap loanee coming in.

Would we need to cut back much more ?

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Ferris, Pugh and Bennett gone. Southport to sign carver on a perm contract and Chapman out the door with a cheap loanee coming in.

Would we need to cut back much more ?

We are making 50-70k a month in gate receipts and spending 130k (allegedly)

I presume the cuts will have to be significant

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

Jimmy dean stated last week that 4 or 5 players would be going out. I’m not sure after they “Carver permanently and Chapman” go that there are many more we could offload.

I forgot about Smith as I can’t for the life of me see him staying post January. Jenkins could be sent back ?

Other than those I think we’d be struggling.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Kelly is far too good to bench warm in NLN.

adminSST
    Keymaster
    Registered On: December 19, 2013
    Topics: 82

It isn’t necessarily what anybody wants to hear but I think the wage bill would have to halve if we are aiming for sustainability. We have one player on 10k a month in the National League North ffs.

That said, I think the board understand that huge cuts would seriously impact our chances of promotion and would likely affect attendances and matchday revenue. I reckon it is more likely we limp through to the summer and attempt to balance the books then.

Poulter is going out on loan in the coming days but I still think we could move a couple more out if we have the option of a 24hr recall. Chapman certainly one that needs some minutes.

7 users thanked author for this post.
    FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Topics: 101

Personally I think we should be inviting bids for Elliott – he’s a good player but clearly not part of our best XI and is one who could raise some much-needed funds in January. It’s obvious that the summer signings were completely unsustainable and whilst it’s fun to see such a good team performing we have to be realistic about what we can afford.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

It isn’t necessarily what anybody wants to hear but I think the wage bill would have to halve if we are aiming for sustainability. We have one player on 10k a month in the National League North ffs.

That said, I think the board understand that huge cuts would seriously impact our chances of promotion and would likely affect attendances and matchday revenue. I reckon it is more likely we limp through to the summer and attempt to balance the books then.

Poulter is going out on loan in the coming days but I still think we could move a couple more out if we have the option of a 24hr recall. Chapman certainly one that needs some minutes.

This.

Shifting Pugh and Bennett will only be scratching the surface. If we sold Roberts, Whitehall, Ogle, Fitzsimmons, Butterfield, you’d be somewhere closer to balancing the books .

This is also why there is such an emphasis on getting supporters through the gates. The club are trying to do their bit now we introducing offers everywhere. We, as supporters, now have to do our bit and work towards bringing folk whom would not normally not bother.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

If Elliott has ever looked even vaguely like a 32 goals a season NLN striker – I’ve never seen it! (Makes for good sale advertising copy, though.)
    I suspect that only Butterfield earns more than he. But who to replace Elliott?
    MUST keep Smith! Must buy Smith too!
    Jenkins is useful enough but is only one notch better than the developing Shrimpton and nowhere near better than a fit Beestin – in this division, at least.
    A Chapman replacement must be as good but a lot cheaper. Hmm. Hope Fitz stays fit.
    Move beyond these parameters and our promotion tilt could totter a bit.
    All we need to succeed is quarts coming out of pint pots.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Anyone know if loan players are allowed to play against there parent club in the NLN – or does it depend on the individual arrangements with each player?

Arrrgh! The thought of facing Southport with both Carver and Bennett up front.

We’ll get mullered!

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

If Elliott has ever looked even vaguely like a 32 goals a season NLN striker – I’ve never seen it! (Makes for good sale advertising copy, though.)
    I suspect that only Butterfield earns more than he. But who to replace Elliott?

His finishing has been pretty decent this season and his goal return per game in this league is pretty handy. Plus he’s young enough to be a saleable asset. Butterfield much less so.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

BTW, given Hearts’ struggles this season, particularly scoring goals, I wouldn’t be surprised if Smith is playing for their first team next year.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017

If that’s the current strategy as SST outlined, I think it’s a wise one. Get through this season with promotion back to National and fully revise squad costs against projected income over 2-3 years maybe?

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Topics: 70

Really feel for the board, they have a mess to sort but I am confident they can and will do it.

Promotion would up income with league contribution.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

I can’t be sorry for the board they knew what they were walking into especially Ian Sharp he’s had two looks and he’s got money, 99% of clubs that are taken over have huge debts so nothing new to see there, let’s hope we can get promotion this season to help them out, but even then to keep the crowds interested we can’t afford a mediocre team.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Chapman should get some minutes against darlo, but then again I thought the same for the Brackley cup games!

qwertyqwerty
    Participant
    Registered On: July 3, 2022
    Topics: 1

Awaywego, they walked in because the alternative was no SUFC!

Personally I don’t think the budget needs to be halved. Gate receipts, sponsorship, merchandise etc will be a lot more than 780k surely???

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

Awaywego, they walked in because the alternative was no SUFC!

Personally I don’t think the budget needs to be halved. Gate receipts, sponsorship, merchandise etc will be a lot more than 780k surely???

In previous league seasons, ticket moneys have tended to average around £1m/season. Obviously that would have been helped by bigger away followings. Sponsorship will be understandably reduced this year because of our lower status, although given we sometimes didn’t have a shirt sponsor under Swann, it will be an increase on some seasons.

But we’re probably not in a case of having to break even, I imagine we’re having to cover legacy debts, so the normal income wouldn’t be enough to cover costs in this case.

I would be fascinated to know what the situation is with all the season ticket money for this season.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

“We have one player on 10k a month in the National League North ffs”

SST, I’m guessing this is Butterfield !

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

I think we can take it for granted that Michelle won’t see a penny of the season ticket money it will be long gone, but luckily for her the season ticket money is negated by the higher attendances and hopefully they will increase and increase to help out.

adminSST
    Keymaster
    Registered On: December 19, 2013
    Topics: 82

“We have one player on 10k a month in the National League North ffs”

SST, I’m guessing this is Butterfield !

No.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 46

Perhaps a goalkeeper?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.