Behind the goal.

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Behind the goal.

• This topic has 54 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by fans6464.
  • Author
    Iron147Tom
    Participant
    Registered On: February 2, 2016
    Topics: 24

What’s peoples thought on them lot behind there today?

Tennis balls fair enough… but the rest of it was embarrassing. Flairs at players? Fighting between them? Causing police problems?

Completely breaking up any momentum we have at times.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

Was still the Old Show Ground last time I went to a match with flairs.

On a more serious note York’s needing the trainer on every 5 minutes for mysterious injuries and the referees “look at me” antics both disrupted the game far more than the Donny Road boys.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

FIVE minutes time added on? There was surely more than five minutes in York’s first three second half injuries alone!
    I was expecting 9+ and 11 would not have surprised me.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Lord KitchenerLord Kitchener
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 36

There comes a time when you tire of sitting there twiddling your thumbs, and feel the need to take action.

There is not much impact to be made at any time or place, other than on the pitch during the match. You cannot invade the pitch, so tennis balls are an option. I’m just glad that there was no misbehaving during the minutes silence and the national anthem.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Could always put them in the east stand corner,far easier to control if the steward’s do their job, keep the fans in the stands and don’t leave any gates open, nothing to much to ask.

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 106

Tennis balls are bad enough but flares are not acceptable, a mate of mine who stands behind the goal thought the Police would have done a better job stood with them rather than at the front, he said they were young and a lot of them had their faces covered

SharpShooter24Sharp_Shooter24
    Participant
    Registered On: April 24, 2014
    Topics: 77

I think the tennis balls (if done on mass) and the Swann out banners were needed when Swann was actually at some home games… right now the only people affected are the players, it’s an absolute waste of time.
    Flares onto the pitch and into crowds of players is totally unacceptable and should result in life time bans.
    Any demonstration needs to be aimed at Swann personally and have press/wider involvement eg A coffin carried to stadium with media coverage shaming Swann for what he’s done to SUFC.
    What I’m saying in a nutshell is the protest today didn’t make any impact on Swann
    Any future protest needs to bring the message to the outside/wider community who swann really is and what he’s done to this football club!
    And it shouldn’t happen during the 90 minutes on a match day!
    Our players need support NOT distraction.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

Swann will be told and see what happened,it’s all pressure on him, how exactly does a coffin outside the ground effect him more than something that happens inside which his board sees?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Maybe try and get the game abandoned in some way, peacefully of course to try and get the media coverage, will it inconvenience a lot of people of course it will, but given circumstances and in general the support on here for people who inconvenience others it may be the time.

johnboyj charles
    Participant
    Registered On: January 5, 2014
    Topics: 8

Idiots behind the goal putting banners in the faces of other paying supporters as happened agsinst Yoevil is not acceptable. I agree that protests are a legitimate action against people like Swann but they should never be at the cost of annoying the rest of the supporters.

Samways1samways1
    Participant
    Registered On: August 9, 2015
    Topics: 13

Agree with the protests but they really need to stop chucking bottles on to the pitch, especially when they are directed at players.

One hit Beestin on the hand yesterday, who was visibly in pain and annoyed by it.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

We’re discussing it on here, so it must have had some effect.

BottesfordIrons5North Lincolnshire Irons
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2017
    Topics: 58

What is needed is a properly organised demonstration which will attract the media, not just the local media, to name and shame the Swanns and show all the footballing community what the Swanns have done to our club and the consequences of it. Imagine if this were happening to Hull City there would have been plenty of demonstrations well before now.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Maybe some old fart running on the pitch and setting fire to himself would do the trick, any takers?.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Swann will be told and see what happened,it’s all pressure on him, how exactly does a coffin outside the ground effect him more than something that happens inside which his board sees?

A coffin on display will boost attendances a hundred fold.

They’ll be queuing all the way back up to Britannia Corner before you know it!

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Maybe some old fart running on the pitch and setting fire to himself would do the trick, any takers?.

Well you seem to meet all the criteria you describe so fill your boots. Let us know which game and we can all bring popcorn.🍿

chiefphotoDavid
    Participant
    Registered On: July 8, 2018
    Topics: 0

Flares and bottles on the pitch is just stupid.
    It will all go in the refs report, the club is hit with a fine and then the club is futher in debt to Swann.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Should have got a big screen in GP for tomorrows big event. Best chance Mr Swann has to get the ground full.
    (I was going to suggest locking the gates and keeping them in until Saturday but that might not be practical, the catering outlets and the toilets wouldn’t cope)

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

How dare you ironawe your at least 1 week older than me we’re only in our autumn years I was thinking about BS and NLI both grumpy old farts at the best of times. The sheff wednesday ipswich game was threatened to be called off by the referee for objects being thrown on the pitch,guess ours must have been some timed affair in comparison.

Square Ball BullimoreSquare Ball Bullimore
    Participant
    Topics: 5

One hit Beestin on the hand yesterday, who was visibly in pain and annoyed by it.

Misread that, thought you’d said one had hit Hallam and he’s now out injured!

Shouldn’t be throwing anything onto the pitch, tennis balls included. Protests yes, but within the law.

BeagriesbackflipAlfred
    Participant
    Registered On: January 1, 2014
    Topics: 6

I assume the club pays more than plenty to have stewards and police. They just stood there and looked and pointed a few times at the crowd. If I was paying the bill I would be asking for a refund, may as well have had cardboard cutouts.

admin SST
    FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Topics: 101

There’s never a correct form of protest for some people, is there?

I think it’s a good thing that fans are venting their views. Ultimately, I think it will send a message to potential buyers that there is a club worth saving here. Why would you get involved in a club where the fans are apathetic to it being destroyed?

Idiots behind the goal putting banners in the faces of other paying supporters as happened agsinst Yoevil is not acceptable. I agree that protests are a legitimate action against people like Swann but they should never be at the cost of annoying the rest of the supporters.

If you’re telling me that a) you couldn’t move a few feet to an empty spot to see the game and b) you wanted to see the ‘football’ we are playing at the minute, then I have some magic beans to sell you!

TwoWrightsTwoWrights
    Participant
    Topics: 4

The very first protest at a match against the Allams saw Hull almost immediately score a goal. That pished on the ‘protests distract the players’ argument. That said owners usually go at a time of their own choice, I doubt Swann will be any different. 🙂

5 users thanked author for this post.
    johnboyj charles
    Participant
    Registered On: January 5, 2014
    Topics: 8

Ferrite I dont need you or any one else to tell me where I should stand in a football stadium thankyou very much.

ironkingironking
    Participant
    Registered On: October 8, 2014
    Topics: 71

On a more serious note York’s needing the trainer on every 5 minutes for mysterious injuries and the referees “look at me” antics both disrupted the game far more than the Donny Road boys.

At last somebody at the same game as myself!

Should have had a penalty when Apter was brought down by the poleaxed keeper who luckily recovered once a free kick was awarded and not a penalty. It was more clear cut than the one awarded to York.

Lionel Blair’s (flares) used to have some 20″ flared jeans could get a football hidden in them when at junior school.

Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 17

At last somebody at the same game as myself!

Should have had a penalty when Apter was brought down by the poleaxed keeper who luckily recovered once a free kick was awarded and not a penalty. It was more clear cut than the one awarded to York.

Lionel Blair’s (flares) used to have some 20″ flared jeans could get a football hidden in them when at junior school.

Agree that we should have had a penalty but not that it was more clear cut than York’s, it was a stupid challenge and a stone wall penalty.

Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 17

I’m all for protesting to get Swann out the club but those lads behind the goal (who normally give great support) were just being dick heads on Saturday.

alcazaralcazar
    Participant
    Topics: 50

Ferrite I dont need you or any one else to tell me where I should stand in a football stadium thankyou very much.

Then why allow anyone to tell you where you can’t stand?
    Same reasoning.

alcazaralcazar
    Participant
    Topics: 50

I’m all for protesting to get Swann out the club but those lads behind the goal (who normally give great support) were just being dick heads on Saturday.

They go to be entertained.
    Our present performances aren’t that entertaining.
    Ergo: they entertain themselves.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

One man’s terrorist is another man’s freedom fighter, the dickheads behind the goal are the only ones who are going to get things noticed. What have any of you done other than just bloody moan?.

4 users thanked author for this post.
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.