Athletic piece

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Athletic piece

• Author
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Just this alone: ‘either they have the money or they don’t and if they don’t then simply back away and let somebody else press forward who have an actual chance of acquiring it.’

Why on earth do you think Simon and Ian continuing in their pursuit is holding anyone else up, reputable or not??

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

I don’t, next..

Deereyme66Deereyme66

If you can’t see that’s a quote from WG I was replying to then there really is no point bothering. Plus, I’m sure no one’s interested in seeing tit for tat. Enjoy your evening. Giving up on the pair of you.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    BobbyGmeisterBobbyGmeister
    Participant
    Registered On: January 12, 2014
    Topics: 47

Moneysupermarket?

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Look, I’m working on the premise that Sharpe and co just haven’t got the funds needed, which looks to be the case. Do you really think if they had enough money that it would have taken as long as it has done ?

In a sense of course it’s holding it up, if they keep getting in touch with Swannsters advisor from begbies to sort something out, more than likely upping their bids in small increments, their attention can’t be spread across both parties at the same time. One of them has to be be on hold while the other is sorting something out.

I know that’s the case for many clubs throughout the country who have multiple suitors but do you really see Sharpe and co even having the required money to buy the club ?

I can understand their trying to strike the best deal possible but Swann wants a set amount and if they haven’t got it, I’d rather they made room for the other consortium.

I will however say that from what I’ve read, not really wanting it to go to them but we may not have a choice. If the HMRC don’t get their tax then we we don’t have a club anymore.

SteveJobsworthSteveJobsworth
    Participant
    Registered On: December 29, 2013
    Topics: 22

Big Al or bust.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘Look, I’m working on the premise that Sharpe and co just haven’t got the funds needed, which looks to be the case’

Exactly! Your premise is a big assumption. How do you know that’s the main reason he’s not selling to them, and how do you know there’s a ‘set price’??

‘One of them has to be be on hold while the other is sorting something out.’

And you know this how??

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

Do you even know if they’re getting any feed back about their bids and why they’re being turned down? IMO, you’re making too many assumptions and reading between the lines too much. If Swann isn’t going to sell to them, he isn’t. But don’t just assume it’s about not having enough funds. I think they deserve a bit more than being glibly told to step aside and make way for some unscrupulous git to take over.

SteveJobsworthSteveJobsworth
    Participant
    Registered On: December 29, 2013
    Topics: 22

Surely the feed back they are getting is “sorry your bid is too low that is why we are turning down your offer”?

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Why ‘surely’? What feedback?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

It’s the not knowing that creates these crappy meaningless conversations but at least you are all letting steam off but in reality it means nowt because nobody knows. Guys we are all passionate about OUR football club so in a way it’s nice to see you all letting your feelings show but we all need to keep it real.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘Keeping it real’ means not making assumptions about negotiations that we’re not privy to and giving Simon and Ian a bit more credit for the amount of time, effort and investment they’ve already given. Not too much to ask is it?

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Maybe it’s a lost cause for them, regardless of upping bids? Who knows? However, I’d prefer they didn’t let the naysayers and ingrates contribute to them throwing the towel in. That is all.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Not taking sides here DM just stating the bleeding obvious we are all in the dark and passions for OUR club are as high as ever, we are all basically on the same side and I’m sure all reasonably minded Iron fans want the local consortium to come through and purchase the club. Ignore the negatives, concentrate on the positives and hope above all that local wins the day, we need local owners to reconnect with the fanbase, Swann never has, there is a reason for that, only morons don’t get why.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

Exactly! Your premise is a big assumption

The set price is on twitter, is it not ?

The assumption comes from going back and forth between Sharpe and co and nothing getting sorted, it’s ok coming at it from all different angles but if they’re struggling to find the funds, there’s no point in them going any further with it.

You see what Alan Hardy wrote on twitter ?

saleiron
    I am still not clear about your motivation?

Alan Hardy
    All true football fans, even arch rivals, don’t want to see great football clubs go under. I saved Notts who were within 60 minutes of a High Court Winding Up Order. So if no one else wants to put their hand up then I’ll try help SUFC become a force they were only 8 years ago!

saleiron
    But others have put their hands up.

Alan Hardy
    But not at the level acceptable to the Owner. We don’t take a basket of shopping to the checkout at Asda and offer them half the amount. If you don’t want to pay the money then don’t go shopping.

Interesting !

Let’s face it Deerey, if Sharpe and Co had the funds needed it would have already been tied up. According to what I’ve read on Twitter Swann want’s 3.5mil for the ground & surrounding land with the listing price being 5.5mil. From what I can gather that amount is what Swann’s wanted from the very start.

I’d much rather have Sharpe and Elliot but as I said above, if they haven’t got the funds needed then I can’t see where they go with it. Surely if they offered Swann what he wanted from the outset, wouldn’t they be the owners already.

I just don’t think they have it !

Alan Hardy comes with a bit of a dodgy past but let’s face it, we need it bought and quick or we’ll be fecked. It appears it’s hardy or bust for us. Not exactly a good position to be in but it is what it is.

Needs must !

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Talk is cheap, beware what happened last time we changed owner who wasn’t local, we are a local fan based club, not a mega global branded club with millions of fans worldwide. Use your logic use your brain don’t get sucked in.

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Twitter thread if nobody’s seen it.

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

“from twitter!”?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 80
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

What the f is Simon doing reacting on Twitter.

FriedyshrimperFriedyshrimper
    Participant
    Registered On: May 31, 2022
    Topics: 0

If that price quoted for your club / land is correct you shouldn’t have trouble finding a buyer, surely the developments around that area off the m181 will see the price of land increase?

My team Southend have a chairman who has turned down a reported bid for £100M to buy the club and development for the new stadium

dandaherron@yahoo.co.ukJust Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: August 1, 2014
    Topics: 9

The twitter stuff is interesting. If this Hardy guy is trying to save the club with no ulterior motives .. then Simon and Ian are just a phone call away. Plenty of money to buy everything back .. and still lots for fuel for the Ferrari. Anybody who does Twitter .. might you suggest it to him?

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

After seeing the responses from the pair of them “Hardy and Elliot” I don’t think they’d work together, it’s gotten a bit prickly already. Hardy has said in so many words that Elliot’s a cheapskate.

Going by the reply from Elliot, I don’t think it went down too well.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Maybe Laurel and Hardy would work, it’s beginning to sound like that already.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

This is the position we found ourselves in and we need to be bought quickly, beggars can’t be choosers.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 80

In five years time, you’ll be sat in Dunkin Donut having your favourite with a cappulatteamericano and you’ll say to your son / grandson:

“Where the hole is in the giant donut is where the centre circle was… where the drive thru window is, is roughly where my seat was”

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

“And this was where i queued up for my free cup of tea and bacon roll, because i constantly shouted down anyone who complained. Still we got a Dunkin Donuts in Scunny and we’ll watch Liverpool on TV later so that’s all good”

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Some of us do that in Sainsbury’s car park!

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

A bit of scunny died when we moved from there NI, in the main awaywego was born from then on.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

A bit of scunny died when we moved from there NI, in the main awaywego was born from then on.

You make it sound like the Genesis of Batman. 😳

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.