Participant
    Registered On: December 29, 2013
    Topics: 22

Signs for the iron for a second time after leaving Eastleigh

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 101

Meh. Looked quite promising when he first joined us in 2013 but never really got a chance (I remember Wilcox had a bad habit of putting him on in midfield when we were trying to hang on to a lead) but seems to have been a regular at Eastleigh for a number of years.

Might do well, we could definitely have done worse. That said, he was released by a team that finished 19th last season….

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Welcome Andrew, stay fit, play well, be consistently good and leave us to do the moaning.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Definite Hill signing unless any of the Swanns are referred to as gaffer.

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 106

knows the league and wasn’t bad when he was here before.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    BigLeftToeBigLeftToe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 6, 2017
    Topics: 6

Thought he did alright when he was with us before, definitely an OK signing but nothing to get the ol’ ticker racing.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Unless we get a billionaire owner non of our signings will get the ol’ ticker racing, to be honest I can only think of one the did that been Beagrie.

ironmaster1ironmaster1
    Participant
    Registered On: January 26, 2022
    Topics: 0

Being released by Eastleigh doesn’t excite me. If they don’t want him doubt whether he will be much of an asset to us.

SteveJobsworthSteveJobsworth
    Participant
    Registered On: December 29, 2013
    Topics: 22

Being released by Eastleigh doesn’t excite me. If they don’t want him doubt whether he will be much of an asset to us.

Told them he wouldn’t be signing another contract as he wanted to move back up north.

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 106

Also a lot of players get released because of wage demands so it doesn’t mean anything nowadays players being released.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017

Positive news – well better than the ticket office being closed today anyway. Experienced legs are needed. Think he’ll do okay.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

Also a lot of players get released because of wage demands so it doesn’t mean anything nowadays players being released.

You reckon we’re paying more than Eastleigh?

SharpShooter24Sharp_Shooter24
    Participant
    Registered On: April 24, 2014
    Topics: 77

A good first signing in my opinion

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

You reckon we’re paying more than Eastleigh?

He’ll save a fortune on travel expenses so maybe ha can afford to take a pay cut.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

That hit the nail on the head .. being released by a club that didnt do anything much in the NL (regardless of the reasons) last season and ORRRR the lad wants to come home to the North , IMO totally uninspiring signing and already it seems Hill is chasing any rag tag n bobtail cheapo players as his budget allows, same old cliches from the player on the SUFC website of how he feels happy and settled and wants to impress ..just what else could he say ??? ..expect more of the same low level additions and the same old bollocks UNTIL there are changes at the top and management levels… no marque players signings as just WTF would want to come to Scunny in its current state ??

mid table at best next season but im edging to us being lower and in an arse nipping relegation scrap most of the time.

Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 17

As with all new signings I will reserve judgment until I see him on the pitch, welcome aboard Andrew.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 17

Unless we get a billionaire owner non of our signings will get the ol’ ticker racing, to be honest I can only think of one the did that been Beagrie.

Cleveland Taylor, Lee Hodges, Billy Sharp, Paul Hayes, Duane Holmes, Jermaine Beckford, Andy Keogh all just off the top of my head that made me sit up and take notice when they got the ball.

Ex OfficioEx Officio
    Participant
    Registered On: December 28, 2013
    Topics: 3

Masterstroke! – 2 players in one and saves us wasting money on a back up keeper.
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/17/scunthorpe-united-bristol-city-league-one-match-report

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Agree Pat on the pitch, but as a player signing for the club to me I can only think of Beagrie.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Boycey was Eastleigh player of the season, but I suppose that counts for nothing Watson was voted ours.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Boycey was Eastleigh player of the season, but I suppose that counts for nothing Watson was voted ours.

The majority of opinion on this site counts for nothing, that’s the beauty of democracy. Remember Ukraine.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

As long as Boycey doesn’t bring Marleen along to matches, someone will be happy!

3 users thanked author for this post.
    NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

If anyone thinks we’ll be bringing in marquee signings this summer they need a reality check.

As I commented on the “two young centre-backs” thread, I don’t want to see anymore inexperienced 20 year olds in defence. So at 32 and with experience from L1 down to NL level I’ll happily take Boyce back.

If Hill could lure Delaney back full-time the two of them would be a decent enough CB pairing.

I think we need to prepare ourselves for a few more thirty-somethings and I expect to hear more groans than cheers as far as recruitment is concerned

5 users thanked author for this post.
    cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

If we signed Harry Kane (unlikely I know) there would be some unhappy posters so, yes, I’m sure you’re right about groans vs cheers.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

If we signed Harry Kane (unlikely I know) there would be some unhappy posters so, yes, I’m sure you’re right about groans vs cheers.

The Arsenal Iron fans maybe? Seems to be a big thing supporting a Premier league club and the Iron. Don’t get it myself.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

The player of the season awards mean nothing Watson won nearly all ours and yet we still released him, Democracy there’s a fine thing, the Brexit vote, Scottish independence, come to mind.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Oldham signed a 38 year old forward who did play for them before in 2007, so NI is probably right with the thirty year olds, a good balance would be nice.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Absolutely Awaywego balance is indeed required next season in abundance, the more thirty somethings, providing they are fit and carry no long term injuries the better for me. At least six possibly eight, we need experienced heads in this squad, no brainer for me.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Topics: 70

A decent age for a centre back. averaged about 41 games a season for the last 5 seasons.

Not the most stylish but he doesn’t turn his back on a challenge, doesn’t leave it to someone else either. So welcome to him.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    ironkingironking
    Participant
    Registered On: October 8, 2014
    Topics: 71

Well we have signed Boycee, have a Del-boy for chairman, Trigger as manager, Rodders as COO and more than a few plonkers who post on here.

Anyone want to nominate an Uncle Albert or Grandad?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.