And that, boys and girls is the hat trick

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace And that, boys and girls is the hat trick

• Author
    mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

Hilton stated at the fans forum he would answer any questions from fans.

Obviously a fan took him at his word the other day (well done him) and Hilton seemed to give fairly transparent answers.

Has anyone with much repeated concerns tried to have a conversation with him?

1 user thanked author for this post.
    FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Topics: 101

Obviously a fan took him at his word the other day (well done him) and Hilton seemed to give fairly transparent answers.

I wouldn’t know how, as far as I’m aware he doesn’t have a social media account and I don’t have his phone number. Should I ring the club switchboard?

Has Hilton done any press interviews since he arrived? I have a vague memory of a short interview just after taking over with Olly Turner but nothing since, is that right?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Now that wouldn’t do MK, sounds just like my mate at Orient had 2hrs to ask Turnbull anything but waited till he left before wanting to know something. In Turnbulls case it wouldn’t have mattered what he told us was bollocks in the end, guess it’s all down to trust I like to but I can see why others can’t, in this case I don’t think there is any right or wrong position to take so mainly keeping out of it, just hoping and waiting for it to pan out, would make a great drama on TV maybe give Coronation street a run for it’s money for episodes.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Hilton has done 2 interviews on talk sport one for 29 mins 25 the other, a fan forum a podcast kept the fans in the loop about transfers but other than that he’s been very quite.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

He is a bit of a gobshite if you compare him to our previous owner over the last 3 years.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017

I haven’t no, and based on some of the content of his Twitter account in response to fans with reasonable questions (his brief dialogue with SST regarding 1899 scheme for instance) and historical tweets before he took over SUFC, plus the abusive and threatening tweets from people claiming to be friends of his, I’ll be giving that one a wide berth thanks. If he reacts the way ive seen to reasonable questions and concerns, I suspect my questions would not be received very well at all. I think that’s reasonable MKI – do you? Should I be ashamed or something?

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Just an afterthought, he seems very interested in social media and must have seen many of the tougher questions and concerns floating around here and Twitter. Perhaps he could release a statement clearing some of that up? Reasonable isn’t it? Would get more supporters on his side and pulling in the same direction. Any idea why he hasn’t done that?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Maybe from a legal point regarding what’s happening with the land/ ground sale being up in the air he’s been advised to keep stum on certain matters. If he’s being roasted about his past and what is supposedly going on at the club regarding monies and payments etc he’s thinking I’m not getting involved in any of this hearsay just because certain people keep posting stuff about him which he chooses to ignore because he doesn’t have to answer to anybody and certainly he has had a fans forum where he explained a lot and posted the account of events on the website.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

Deery as I suspect you know I was having a light hearted dig at the insider/bystander duo. They may have absolutely valid points but constantly repeating them behind a cloak of anonymity is not really helping anyone. They do also have thinly disguised agendas against Hilton.

Remember when we used to have a bit of a laugh about things on here.

Of course you have valid concerns as do I and I suspect every other Iron fan does. We are set to play in a part time regional football league and have not owned our ground for more than 2 years so we have plenty to worry about.

Our fate lies in the hands of one man although that has been the case for many years – be their surname Wharton, Swann or Hilton.

The current owner will either prove to be smarter than Swann or not. Such a low bar that I am hopeful he is. He will prove to be truthful and well intentioned or not. History suggests the Wharton’s pretty much were and Peter Swann pretty much wasn’t.

Time will tell but not an awful lot we can do about it.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

No, I wasn’t aware of who it was aimed at MKI, and neither was Ferrite by the look of it. What I said in my post though could be applied to II or IB. Am I right in thinking you don’t view Twitter? Some of the content from these burner accounts that crop up frequently is very out of order, and in some cases, disgusting. Nobody knows for sure who’s behind them but if they are indeed friends of Hilton as they claim, I can understand why anyone would be wary of speaking directly to him about anything beyond lite. I don’t even post on there myself but this week one of these posters was claiming they knew that an Iron supporter on Twitter was ‘Deereyme66’. He rightly denied it. The burner accountant then went on to claim this guy must be Siderite or Iron Age. Again, rebuffed. I was alerted to it and laughed it off, but it’s not good is it? We’ve never had this level of abuse and threats with other owners in the past. I think you said to me previously if I don’t like what I see on there, don’t view it. Well, kind of hard not to if someone on there is trying (mistakenly) to find out my identity on here via Twitter. I’m hardly his fiercest critic. But if the perpetrator thinks it will stop me airing my views on here, they can think again.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

That’s not good to read, Deerey. The burner accounts are a strange phenomenon clearly linked to Hilton’s circle and need stopping immediately.

I do agree with the sentiment with MK though, if IB has any new information or anything relevant to the football club, by all means go ahead and post. At the moment he is coming across as desperate to nail something to Hilton when it’s the same stuff getting recycled and questioning everything to the Nth degree. If you know anything substantial- post it in laymen terms.

You then have information and rumours coming from social media that have no basis whatsoever: I’ve heard over the past weeks we are under a transfer embargo, the tax hasn’t been paid to HMRC, the council don’t know anything about the Glebe road site, a new owner is coming in and GP is turning into a lorry site.

I certainly won’t be nailing my colours to the Hilton mast for some time, but as it stands, he is paying the bills, signing the players and has ultimately saved the football club.

Like always with football fans, there’s nothing we can do about it but sit back and see how it unfolds.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Lord KitchenerLord Kitchener
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 36

The club statement iterated that they (we) hold the lease on Glanford Park, and that the ground is locked and patrolled to keep criminals out.

Until it is proven otherwise, totally proven, I’m sticking with the official narrative. We will be playing our home games at Glanford Park next season.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘That’s not good to read, Deerey. The burner accounts are a strange phenomenon clearly linked to Hilton’s circle and need stopping immediately.’

Yes, like I said, I can laugh it off, particularly as it was one of the less threatening ones, and folk who post on Twitter have had far worse as you may know. Whoever’s behind it will read this post no doubt, and it they’ve got anything to do with Hilton, my suggestion would be to pack it in – you’re doing nothing but causing more division than we already have. If you want us to pull together and get behind him and move forward, with a bit more backing and unity, just respond to the critics in a sensible and rationale manner, without the abuse and threats. It’s not rocket science. And also, we’re football supporters, we take the piss a lot, particularly Scunthonians. It’s how we were brought up!

2 users thanked author for this post.
    CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

“A fan” one of the group who was invited to Ilkeston. Yes alright then.

Deery as I suspect you know I was having a light hearted dig at the insider/bystander duo. They may have absolutely valid points but constantly repeating them behind a cloak of anonymity is not really helping anyone. They do also have thinly disguised agendas against Hilton.

Of course you have valid concerns as do I and I suspect every other Iron fan does. We are set to play in a part time regional football league and have not owned our ground for more than 2 years so we have plenty to worry about.

Our fate lies in the hands of one man although that has been the case for many years – be their surname Wharton, Swann or Hilton.

The current owner will either prove to be smarter than Swann or not. Such a low bar that I am hopeful he is. He will prove to be truthful and well intentioned or not. History suggests the Wharton’s pretty much were and Peter Swann pretty much wasn’t.

Ah, here comes the backpedaling.

Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

Evening MK,

Go on, seeing as it’s Friday evening I’ll take the bait. Do elaborate on these thinly disguised agendas, let’s hear your pearls of wisdom.

When it comes to agendas, there are none more obvious than the one enamating from those who hang on Hilton’s every word. It’s got to be an agenda or some sort of cult because surely no one is that naive and stupid, are they?

Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

I do agree with the sentiment with MK though, if IB has any new information or anything relevant to the football club, by all means go ahead and post. At the moment he is coming across as desperate to nail something to Hilton when it’s the same stuff getting recycled and questioning everything to the Nth degree. If you know anything substantial- post it in laymen terms.

Evening Cliff,

I can assure you I’m not desperate in any way, shape, or form. Hilton is what he is and neither of us can rewrite history.

My post last night was new information, you had no idea the title of those properties had passed to the lender.

RichgyRichgy
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2022
    Topics: 6

‘The book of David’

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

IB taking the bait eh, he sounds positively triggered.

RichgyRichgy
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2022
    Topics: 6

He seems highly motivated I will give him that . I wonder if he is operating on all potential clubs with ‘Bystander blacklisted owner’ status, Or just this one ?

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant
    Registered On: September 18, 2023
    Topics: 137

IMG-5551

We so very nearly were.
    Matlock fans – forewarned is forearmed.

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Ground share with a local non league club ✅

Can your Dad come on here and confirm that please?

Was it wrong then?

I’ve read all the answers given to the questions and pretty pleased in all honesty. I’ll believe in Hilton until I have reason not to. For any of you who hasn’t ready the back and forth, go read it. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

We were, but not pleasantly.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.