Administration

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Administration

• Author
    cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Really feel for you in this terrible situation having been through something very similar with my club. It’s bad enough facing admin but it really is worst case scenario if that is coupled with no ground of your own when trying to pick up the pieces.

When our owner pulled the plug we at Darlo had no players, no stadium and very few other assets but we’re now fan owned and looking at finally building our own ground although there’s still a long way to go.

Hopefully you find a white knight from somewhere that pulls this back from the brink before you are hurled over a cliff. Sad to see yet another club facing these awful times and facing such an uncertain future.

The situation at Darlington was even more farcical than here, George Reynolds truly was a crook and had similar delusions of grandeur with the Reynolds arena. Wish Darlo all the best.

Regardless of what swann says, administration looks more likely by the day. The results on the pitch hardly matter now.

I’ve wrote to the Iron trust for an organised supporters protest- i doubt anything will come if it but if we are to go out of existence it would give some comfort to know we made our voices heard in some way.

forever ironforever iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 5

Spot on we need our voices to be heard. We must protest and now it’s no good going down without a fight

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Yes, you’re right Darlo1, however there are still numpties around here that make out it’s no different from when he had a previous Chairman (Chairman not despotic owner), who had the reputation of overseeing one of the best run clubs in the country. ‘Better the devil you know’ my backside! Never was a phrase so inappropriately utilised.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    DesertironDesertiron
    Participant
    Registered On: September 3, 2022
    Topics: 0

Regardless of whatever someone says, especially someone know to be dishonest, whatever their actions result in at the end is what they intended all along. Swann’s only care was separating the club from the stadium and land that it owned and getting his hands on that. The land will make him money and the club costs money. If the club is put into administration or sold for a token amount to someone who detests this kind of thing happening to football clubs, their fans and their communities, one thing seems certain and that is he is keeping the stadium and land. If someone buys it now as a lover of football but with enough money to keep the club afloat, stabalize, try and invest in the club to get it moving back up the pyramid and find a new ground then I very much doubt that they being businessmen themselves would want Swann getting another penny over a token pound purchase, they would rather the money go into the club as it’s going to need plenty, especially if a new stadium is going to be needed in a few years. Presumably for a period of time it would negotiable to lease the ground until a new site is sorted and built. He claims the club is up for sale and he’s looking for buyers but how would anyone make contact anyway?

bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

Spot on we need our voices to be heard. We must protest and now it’s no good going down without a fight

I completely agree with you pal, I have stated many times. and even a couple of weeks ago on here, but there waw zero responce from anyone, although I am 81, and live in Barton, I would only be too pleased to attend any protest meeting, but whilst there are 2,500 still turning up at GP to watch the rubbish, and 200 still going long distances to away games, there does not appear to be any interest in turning out to protest against that evil guy that has driven our club into the present no hope situation. Just think, only 6 wins in the past 70 games, 1 away win in the past 40 matches, and one point from the last seven games, but the 2,500 fans just boo the team off at half and full time and go home sick as parrots, but then check their fixture lists to see when the next game is.

There wasn’t even any protest when Swann gave the clubs stadium, car parks and training ground land over to his own company so I cannotI really cannot see any pending protest happening, yes when he stole the assets some of us have never set foot into GP ever since, Swann will win and end up with his aim of having the land package to sell to building contractors.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Darlo1Darlo1
    Participant
    Registered On: May 24, 2022

Doesn’t bear thinking about if that’s his ultimate aim. But he does now seem to hold all the aces in his hand.

DesertironDesertiron
    Participant
    Registered On: September 3, 2022

I’ve been watching that Wrexham docuseries on Ryan Reynolds and Rob Mcelhenney taking over there. One of the latest episodes has a whole bit on a previous owner who was a disbarred lawyer due to mortgage fraud who put a puppet in, took over the club and transferred out the stadium and land into another company then racked up debts on the club to try and put it into administration. I sincerely hope that I am wrong but it was the exact modus operandi that seems to be happening here. I think all fans should watch that episode. Thankfully their fans managed to gather together and saw him off but it was eerily similar to what is happening. He has played it very cleverly by running up debts that he incurred then transferring the assets to himself essentially to cover his own debts. Those with the least amount of scruples tend to be the most devious. Don’t let him demoralise you though as there are people from afar who love football and can’t stand the way you are being treated as fans and will be considering ways to protect the proud club for the fans, the community and the town.

BarnardFoxtonBarker..BarnardFoxtonBarker..
    Participant
    Registered On: June 28, 2017

BS I am one of the 2,000 that still attend to support our team with the hope that miracles can happen and we get enough points to stave off another relegation. I detest Billy liar with a passion and would support any protest against him. Please someone come forward and save us from this joke. 5 generations of my family have supported the Iron and I really hope we still have a team for any future generations to experience the highs and lows of being a supporter of the once mighty iron.

tastas
    Participant
    Registered On: August 5, 2017
    Topics: 4

Latest statement from Lee Turnbull states that administration is not an option and Mr Swann will continue to support the club until new owners are found.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Don’t believe everything you read and hear about the fate of our club, that includes on here as well as the club website.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Latest statement from Lee Turnbull states that administration is not an option and Mr Swann will continue to support the club until new owners are found.

Turnbull is only parroting what Swann has told him and we all know Swannster can’t even lie straight in bed. If administration makes the takeover process easier, he’ll go down that route in a bid to recoup some money and plus we have to pay the lying arse hole rent due to coolsilk owing the ground.

The brass neck Swann has on him, I wouldn’t put anything past him.

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

He can just shut it down without administration?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

No

fans6464

Why not? Its his company, if it only owes him money he has nobody he has to protect by law ,it’s his and up to him whether he goes down the admin route or just shuts up shop surely. many people retire and just close down.Admin isn’t a given

fans6464

There’s lots of libel on here too.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Reminder…. A company must have stopped trading for 3 months before it can be struck off the companies register. Source government web page. “Striking your company off the companies register”

fans6464

That’s doesn’t say a company cannot be shut down or chase trading by an owner. I reckon he can do it,not saying he will but even if admin is off the table it doesn’t mean it’s safe

Lord KitchenerLord Kitchener
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 36

Afaik you can declare yourself bankrupt and the company would go to the official receiver. Trouble with that is he would lose all his other businesses and be banned from starting any other businesses for a number of years. No chance whatsoever of Swann doing that. It is only The Iron that he is prepared to send down the river. He is a truly vile specimen, even fans of other clubs hate his guts now…

IronIronIronIronIronIron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 6

Reminder…. A company must have stopped trading for 3 months before it can be struck off the companies register. Source government web page. “Striking your company off the companies register”

He can close the company down whenever he wants to. If he doesn’t oee anyone any money the the company will cease to exist after 3 months.

Peopme can put forward reasons why it shouldn’t be closed, but they need to be justified – and if it isn’t financially related, then it will be unlikely to pass muster.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Really clutching at straws now lads, cease trading and the world and it’s dog would be after Swanny, £2 million EFL loan to pay, the parachute payment from the EFL, the money given to every team in the national League from the national League, player contracts to pay up some on 2year deals, tax on all them contracts,and that’s even without the fallout from the football authority’s, but swannys such an astute businessman it will be his preferred option, Swanny is rumoured to read the bru and sure he will take all your propositions on board. Lol.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 80

Isn’t one of the two parties who are touted as potential new owners a property developer?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Isn’t one of the two parties who are touted as potential new owners a property developer?

Evidence?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Evidence?

Rumour – no hard evidence.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Lol.

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 106

I heard from a good source that the London Consortium were Property developers but wanted to keep the club and prepared to throw money into it but how true it is we will have to wait and see if it is true.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

We had someone who was willing to throw money at it and look at us now with him. If the London lot get it, we might have the same situation down the line, and their property interest may be more of a worry for Glanford Park than the fears with Swann.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

I heard from a good source that the London Consortium were Property developers but wanted to keep the club and prepared to throw money into it but how true it is we will have to wait and see if it is true.

Watch this space.

More retail outlets or an upmarket housing estate?

Or perhaps promotion back to the EFL for season 2025-26?

“QUE SERA, SERA,
    WHATEVER WILL BE WILL
    BE; THE FUTURE’S NOT
    OURS TO SEE.”

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 41

The London consortium would be Ian Sharp surely? Long time Scunny fan and Film Producer/Director. He is based in London isn’t he? I thought he was in with Simin Elluots lot!

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 106

I don’t think so, I get the impression he is with Simon Elliott, they were at a recent home game together

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Developers can’t rent out the units they have empty at the moment so not really a goer, upmarket housing near a retail park, don’t think so. Bearing in mind the ground is also a community asset would anyone get planning permission for anything else?.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.