Home Forums The New Blast Furnace A Solution For L2?

Foxstreetfiveseven
    Participant
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 306

If, and it’s a very big IF any more football is played this calendar year, get the remaining few games finished before Christmas then have a short winter break. Resume by splitting L2 in half on a regional basis as in the old days. Bring Barrow in so each regional Div plays 22 games. Top 2 from each go up automatically, no play-offs.Bottom 1 in each gets relegated.Back to normal in 2021/22.Some players would obviously suffer due to contracts ending in June,but that’s tough. It’s the future of the clubs that must come first.

scunnypete
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 160

Its being said we are fighting a war against this virus. There has already been a precedent set with this scenario so why can’t it be followed again (unless it’s because it was pre-premier league so it never happened in history). Yes only 1 or 2 games had been played in 1939 but I’m sure that if it had been early 1940 they wouldn’t of said in 1945 “Let’s carry on from where we left off and fit in the seasons we have missed too”

Foxstreetfiveseven
    Participant
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 306

I’m not entirely sure what your point is. There may well not be any resumption of the current season. But my suggestion if they could start in the Autumn would allow promotion to be settled and would also allow Barrow the promotion they deserve. If this season is left unresolved there will be some unhappy clubs at the top end, and two very fortunate ones at the bottom. That’s if they haven’t folded in the meantime.

cassidystash
    Participant
    Topics: 179
    Replies: 3736

As good a suggestion as I’ve seen Foxstreet. We have to accept that there’s no possible outcome that will suit everybody but that could be a decent solution if a resumption can be achieved.

Awaywego
    Participant
    Topics: 30
    Replies: 599

uefa have a solution for scotland.the national league have a solution for themselves.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.