1899 / 100 Members Consultation Event @ GP Monday 18th

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace 1899 / 100 Members Consultation Event @ GP Monday 18th

• This topic has 32 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 7 months ago by fans6464.
  • Author
    sufc_100sufc_100
    Participant
    Registered On: December 14, 2023
    Topics: 1

As a 100 club member who lives away from Scunthorpe, I will be unable to attend Mondays announced consultation event @ GP. Are there any other 1899 / 100 club members who are going on Monday that would be able provide a summary of the meeting?

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Maybe get in touch with the club direct to ask them to update you? I’m sure they wouldn’t mind updating a current member.

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

Can I ask how much you put in,was it the full £1899,or was there an instalment option? ,who did you make payment to?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Doesn’t sound like there’s a meeting as such, more an individual consultation, hope everything goes alright for those who purchased them.

sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 28

All these extremely naive people who invested money into the scheme, invested into SUFC (1988) LTD, a company solely owned by David Hilton, a sole trader and Director, they did not invest in any company associated with Scunthorpe United Football Club.
    They have no claim legally against the club. The claim is against the owner of the company they invested in, that company is still trading and a simple google search will point them in the direction.

SouthYorksIronSouthYorksIron
    Participant
    Registered On: May 26, 2017
    Topics: 2

All these extremely naive people who invested money into the scheme, invested into SUFC (1988) LTD, a company solely owned by David Hilton, a sole trader and Director, they did not invest in any company associated with Scunthorpe United Football Club.
    They have no claim legally against the club. The claim is against the owner of the company they invested in, that company is still trading and a simple google search will point them in the direction.

They didn’t. It was advertised via the club, with enquiries to be addressed to the club. One of the benefits was an opportunity to buy a share in SUFC (1899) Ltd.

https://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/news/2023/february/fan-stadium-ownership-opportunity–lifetime-1899-membership-package/

I didn’t buy one, but those that did are not as naive as you’re claiming, despite buying into something that would have no value should the club go into administration.

Without having looked into the terms and conditions in any detail, nor being a lawyer of any sort, I’d imagine they have a legally binding contract with the club at this point.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

I’d hold back on the extremely naive when it doesn’t look like you’ve read the T&C’s.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

I decided not to invest and thankfully my daughter heeded my advice and also did the same.

If i had decided to go ahead then i would be working with others in the same boat to form group sponsored legal team to challenge WHAM for a refund.. Dodgy Dave as the labour MP Denis Skinner once called out in the HOP.

SouthYorksIronSouthYorksIron
    Participant
    Registered On: May 26, 2017
    Topics: 2

I decided not to invest and thankfully my daughter heeded my advice and also did the same.

If i had decided to go ahead then i would be working with others in the same boat to form group sponsored legal team to challenge WHAM for a refund.. Dodgy Dave as the labour MP Denis Skinner once called out in the HOP.

Why?

The 1899 membership (joining a club, and not ‘investing’ into anything) was explicitly sold by the club, having been advertised on the club website and sold via the club commercial department. It clearly doesn’t represent investment into SUFC (1899) Ltd., as membership only provides the opportunity to buy into SUFC (1899].

The fact that the previous chairman was chairman at the time doesn’t give him personal liability for the transaction under company law (which provides limited liability for shareholders), though he could potentially be found to have been in breach of his fiduciary duties as a director towards shareholders by not acting in the best interests of shareholders in introducing the scheme.

Until this is proven, I can’t see how he is personally liable, nor why 1899/100 club members would need to be in contact with anyone other than the club. The club’s actions in reaching out to those members suggests this is the case, and also that the club will be trying to negotiate its way out of the liabilities they have been left with by the promises made under the membership scheme.

The only people in a direct relationship with the former chairman under this scheme would be any (if there are any) who paid their optional £1 to invest into SUFC (1899) Ltd., and with limited liability they’re not going to be sustaining a substantial loss given the share purchase price.

fans6464

They went into it in good faith and most importantly a wish to be part of SUFC ,I personally think it looked a bad deal and reckon they don’t need their noses rubbing in it,they’re just good fans

dandaherron@yahoo.co.ukJust Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: August 1, 2014
    Topics: 9

They went into it in good faith and most importantly a wish to be part of SUFC ,I personally think it looked a bad deal and reckon they don’t need their noses rubbing in it,they’re just good fans

Yep. Of course this needs working out for those who bought in .. but the comment above should surely be central to our thinking.

SODIronSODIron
    Participant
    Registered On: July 8, 2014
    Topics: 22

I seriously considered joining the 1899 club when it was launched as I had a little spare cash and wanted to support the club in anyway I could. The main things that stopped me were;

1). I am an existing ST holder in the Vertikal Stand and couldn’t see an easy way for me to get across during the match to use the facilities that were promised.
    2). It seemed like it was rushed and ill thought through.
    3). I had just started hearing lots of stories around the trustworthyness of DH.

Thankfully I didn’t go ahead and join, but I do feel for all those who did. I am 100% certain that they joined to help the club out and should not be belittled, mocked or derided for this.

fans6464

was there anything that came out?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Should that read anybody?

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant
    Registered On: September 18, 2023
    Topics: 137

Did any young (20s) guys or girls sign up?

A lifetime of football for a token, if we survive.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Speaking to an 100 club member yesterday he said it was a meeting and not individually he arrived 1/4 an hour in he thought the same as me, only 30 ish there, lots only found out on Twitter about the meeting ( questioned why they couldn’t email all) so bloody easy, told not many individuals involved more businesses, and they would try and do there best to honor them, no final decision club are going to have a board meeting early Jan to decide,
    Ps no one demanding they honer or refund, meeting generally went down well other than the communication.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Evidently the club have offered a season ticket for 6 seasons instead of for life, very poor offer imo, at least give them a feeling they’ve gained from their initial outlay and genuine support of the club the very minimum of 10 seasons or there abouts.

fans6464

Very poor? All or probably more often their money back in value is poor?your mate Hilton’s scam was poor,this is a great offer that they didn’t have to make

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Very poor? All or probably more often their money back in value is poor?your mate Hilton’s scam was poor,this is a great offer that they didn’t have to make

I’m not sure that’s necessarily true as the contract was between the club and the buyer.

Nevertheless the offer seems to be a fair one, it’s a shame that supporters were conned and the initial outlay is huge, however over time they should hopefully regain their outlay.

For those still not happy- and there will be some- I do believe the offer of a full refund should be kept on the table until the beginning of next season.

wotnowbrncowwotnowbrncow
    Participant
    Registered On: February 1, 2019
    Topics: 1

Were contracts actually signed? knowing everything we do about Hilton I’d be surprised if he committed to anything in writing.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Members who stand will lose our in monetary terms, unless we get promotion every season for the next 5 seasons lol.

fans6464

I’m sure Michelle Harness will be c surprised to hear that you know the cost of season tickets for the next 5 years, perhaps you can let her know

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out Michelle as very little room to maneuver on ticket prices even if we do achieve one promotion, so of course I don’t know what the prices will be but then again I’m not that thick either to think that prices will be more than the £1899 for another 5 seasons standing obviously 64 you are. Hey ho.

fans6464

They will be more than £300 and won’t go down, they’ll go up in the ensuing years to o .Financial reality . You were thick enough to believe in Hilton and even cried off to Facebook because brighter people on here were too right for you

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

You can only charge so much whatever league your in a 10% increase next season if we’re in the same league couldn’t be justified. Happy to have believed in Hilton on the football side of things and never posted on Facebook while Hilton was here.

fans6464

The Irony is when anyone pointed out to these people that Hilton was having them over all of the ones I saw all said that they didn’t care if they lost their money when Hilton was here ,they were doing it for the club. It’s ironic to see their bleeting now, especially as they nearly lost it all and the new honest club owners are trying their best to find a way of getting them at least evens or better

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

I’m sure if the money had been going to the club they probably wouldn’t have minded. Easy being wise after the event, an old adage but very true.

fans6464

they were told before during and after,some were quite impolite too

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Were they told by the owner though?

fans6464

“Btw Its a bad idea,thank for your dough”

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.