09/08/23 – County Court Judgement – £1,547.00 – Case No. K5AA1W08

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace 09/08/23 – County Court Judgement – £1,547.00 – Case No. K5AA1W08

• Author
    SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

Well, they did get a sausage roll for starter, sarnies for main and wotsits for pudding. ;-) And if they don’t like it, they should be thankful to the saviour for saving the club, blah, blah, blah. :-|

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

This is garbage. The sponsors on Saturday got a few plates of party food which would have looked more at home at a six year olds birthday party instead of the three-course meal they had paid for and were promised!!!

I can confirm this, it was sausage rolls, cheesy wotsits and a few sandwiches.
    The sponsorship price was to include a thee course meal.

From the OWS for match sponsorship:-
    “Hospitality components:
    > Pre-match food in either the Jackson Stapleton Accountants Sponsors Lounge or the Consultiv Utilities Restaurant Bar”

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

S.N.O.T confirming BF’s post from the kebab shop in Istanbul 😂

1 user thanked author for this post.
    TwoWrightsTwoWrights
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 4

Went down yesterday for the Curzon tickets and there were 2 serving if required one of each sex.

Nah, many more than two needed, modern times you know. 😜

TwoWrightsTwoWrights
    Participant

It’s a bit rough to completely blame the idiot for this. This could be a historic debt from Swann era and if the courts take as long as other services to process it could have been in the pipeline a while without any court contact from the final demand arriving and this judgement?

Indeed, when the Allams (spits on floor) took over at Hull after a few months a couple of CCJ’s appeared relating to the previous owners.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

It’s a bit rough to completely blame the idiot for this. This could be a historic debt from Swann era and if the courts take as long as other services to process it could have been in the pipeline a while without any court contact from the final demand arriving and this judgement?

Indeed, when the Allams (spits on floor) took over at Hull after a few months a couple of CCJ’s appeared relating to the previous owners.

Was it IB who informed you of this, he is very interested in other people’s football clubs 🤔

RichgyRichgy
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2022
    Topics: 6

Great start to the season for you results wise , fair play .

This is another strange twist , like many others .

I have seen the recruitment of some really good people onto your board , which must bring hope – some intelligent imdividuals there , and you would have thought they would not have got involved without certain assurances about the clubs future surely

1.5k seems a relatively small amount of capital for the club not to pay , obviously like others have said it means a lot to a small business so hopefully it gets resolved .

Hopefully the stadium ownership is resolved soon to – is there any update on court proceedings for that ?

Rich

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

End of this month I believe Richgy although the posters all over the legal dispute surrounding GP like a rash will respond if you want an accurate assessment. As for the 1.5 k issue I’m sure it will be resolved but to some it’s the apocalypse for our club, all bollocks of course but the main thing is the football side is ticking over nicely, we played some great stuff destroying Darlington and their manager thinks we’re the bee’s knees. Happy days at SUFC, for the present.

ironeyeironeye
    Participant
    Registered On: August 10, 2023
    Topics: 8

sufc will be out on their arse by lunch time on 29th, hillton knows this , will he even turn up to face mrswann ? i doubt it …

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Oh, is that the court date then?

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 46

So we get to have a leaving party at the Scarborough game then.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

sufc will be out on their arse by lunch time on 29th, hillton knows this , will he even turn up to face mrswann ? i doubt it …

You were out on your arse on this forum last Sunday but made a miraculous recovery due to SST’s generous disposition, don’t predict matters you are completely ignorant on, your vindictive bile towards our club is well known by now, just shuffle off or get drunk again and begin your abusive tirade once more towards this forum.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Do you have an insider link for this ??

I must admit being really concerned ….. as great as things are on the pitch with positive results , free flowing football, good attendances ,happy fans and even the catering appearing to be much improved its such a shame this GP is hanging over the club which in effect could derail everything with one quick swipe of a judges pen.

RichgyRichgy
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2022
    Topics: 6

Sounds like you dominated Darlington , I caught bits on Humberside.At least they are still providing a decent amount of coverage for you .

Your team on paper at least , looks far too good for NLN – I think it would be quite competetive at NL level – I suppose the test will come when the pitches become messy in the winter , I will be interested to know what they are like at the level come the winter – are many 4g in that league ?

Quite a lot in NLS are and stay decent .

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

I have seen the recruitment of some really good people onto your board , which must bring hope – some intelligent imdividuals there , and you would have thought they would not have got involved without certain assurances about the clubs future surely

1.5k seems a relatively small amount of capital for the club not to pay , obviously like others have said it means a lot to a small business so hopefully it gets resolved .

Hopefully the stadium ownership is resolved soon to – is there any update on court proceedings for that ?

Rich

You raise a good point Rich … surely looking at the experience and business backgrounds of the incoming directors one would of thought as being given assurances prior to signing up they would have done due diligence as well.. if it does go tits up there would be a considerable amount of egg on faces.

Taking over a business isnt easy and tiz my personal experience doing so that thers always a chance of a small prior debt or CCJ that can slip through the contractual net… even whilst not a not a huge amount it is very annoying but alas best just to bite the on the stick and take one for the boys n pay up.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 67

Also, do the legal & honourable deed of paying the Academy staff their wages and redundancy payments.

Non payment could prove very costly at tribunals for the club.

I’d hate to see us miss out on promotion back to the NL due to compensation costs imposed on the club at tribunals.

Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

Rich

Taking over a business isnt easy and tiz my personal experience doing so that thers always a chance of a small prior debt or CCJ that can slip through the contractual net… even whilst not a not a huge amount it is very annoying but alas best just to bite the on the stick and take one for the boys n pay up.

With all due respect this is absolutely rocking horse muck.

The supplier will have originally sent an invoice to the club with payment terms of say 30 or 60 days. Following that invoice being sent and at the end of every month until payment is received, a statement of account will have been sent to the club. As payment has clearly not been received, the supplier will have then sent the club a 7-day notice of legal proceedings. After submitting the claim to the court, the court then writes to the defendant (the club) giving them notice of the claim and an opportunity to file a defence within 14 days of the date of service.

To suggest this matter has slipped through the net demonstrates a total lack of understanding on your part.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

Rich

With all due respect this is absolutely rocking horse muck.

The supplier will have originally sent an invoice to the club with payment terms of say 30 or 60 days. Following that invoice being sent and at the end of every month until payment is received, a statement of account will have been sent to the club. As payment has clearly not been received, the supplier will have then sent the club a 7-day notice of legal proceedings. After submitting the claim to the court, the court then writes to the defendant (the club) giving them notice of the claim and an opportunity to file a defence within 14 days of the date of service.

To suggest this matter has slipped through the net demonstrates a total lack of understanding on your part.

Ever the expert IB … alas i suppose in what part of the world one is doing business in with relation to that countries laws.

This is Swan v Hilton ..who knows what may have been forgotten shelved or hidden either accidently 5555 or on purpose.

Just a few more scraps for you to feed off IB .. btw great start to the season dont you think ?

sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Topics: 28

The CCJ was for a supplier during the current owners tenure, FACT.
    Was he given ample notice that a claim was to be made, yes, FACT.
    Did he ignore it, yes, FACT.
    Do I know who that supplier is, yes I do , FACT.
    Can I divulge that publicly, no that would be wrong and I’m not prepared to do that, FACT.
    Do I care if the usual suspect don’t believe me, no I don’t.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Before anyone jumps on SNOT for a rumour, I will add that we don’t know that the CCJ is a hangover from Swann. The uncertainty of such should give some concern.

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

The CCJ was for a supplier during the current owners tenure, FACT.
    Was he given ample notice that a claim was to be made, yes, FACT.
    Did he ignore it, yes, FACT.
    Do I know who that supplier is, yes I do , FACT.
    Can I divulge that publicly, no that would be wrong and I’m not prepared to do that, FACT.
    Do I care if the usual suspect don’t believe me, no I don’t.

Snot stated it is a fact is the only true fact , the rest is heresay that some of us believe to be true but for whatever reason SNOT appears afraid to put forward actual facts
    “Do I know who that supplier is, yes I do , FACT.
    Can I divulge that publicly, no that would be wrong and I’m not prepared to do that, FACT.” why would i tbe wrong if it’s in the courts?

Participant

Why can I not publicly name the party involved?
    Because if the debt is satisfied within 30 days then the CCJ will not be made public and wiped from the record.
    If it isn’t satisfied then it will be made public for all to see, in which case there will be no need for me to name the creditor.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

Obviously i would assist knowing to what part of the business the debt is tied to see when any order was placed ans invoice created,regardless its down to DH to settle it even if Swan started the ball rolling

is it office equipment? , a new lawn mower? FnB supplies ? who knows ?

Fully get SNOTs predicament so its a case of wait n see then …

Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

Because if the debt is satisfied within 30 days then the CCJ will not be made public and wiped from the record.
    If it isn’t satisfied then it will be made public for all to see, in which case there will be no need for me to name the creditor.

Just one point of correction, at no point, now or in the future will details of the creditor be made public.

Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 17

Because you don’t know that’s why.

fans6464

Not true “FACT!”

CCJs and your credit rating
    If you get a county court judgment (CCJ) or a high court judgment, it will stay on the Register of Judgments, Orders and Fines for 6 years.

Banks and loan companies use this information to decide whether to give you credit or loans.

If you pay the full amount within one month, you can get the judgment removed from the register.

Write to the court to say you’ve paid. You’ll need to send proof of payment from the person or business you owed money to.

If you pay after one month
    If you pay after one month, you can get the record of the judgment marked as ‘satisfied’ in the register.

It will stay on the register for 6 years but people searching the register will see that you’ve paid.

Write to the court to say you’ve paid. You’ll need to send proof of payment from the person or business you owed money to.
    It goe4s on record straight away according to the government

https://www.gov.uk/county-court-judgments-ccj-for-debt/ccjs-and-your-credit-rating

NosterNoster
    Participant
    Registered On: July 24, 2017

As I recollect DH brought in his accountant to check the accounts, no more than that but, maybe my memory is failing me.

Participant

Not true “FACT!”

CCJs and your credit rating
    If you get a county court judgment (CCJ) or a high court judgment, it will stay on the Register of Judgments, Orders and Fines for 6 years.

Banks and loan companies use this information to decide whether to give you credit or loans.

If you pay the full amount within one month, you can get the judgment removed from the register.

If you pay after one month
    If you pay after one month, you can get the record of the judgment marked as ‘satisfied’ in the register.

It will stay on the register for 6 years but people searching the register will see that you’ve paid.

It goe4s on record straight away according to the government

https://www.gov.uk/county-court-judgments-ccj-for-debt/ccjs-and-your-credit-rating

This is what I stated.
    “If the debt is satisfied within 30 days then the CCJ will not be made public and wiped from the record”
    This is what 64 quoted from the government site “ If you pay the full amount within one month, you can get the judgement removed from the register”

Slightly different wording, exactly the same meaning, FACT.

fans6464

IT doesn’t say anything about being public in what I just wrote does it?
    It says it the record can be removed earlier than if it’s after 30 days . nothing about being public.
    it say if you get one it goes on the register ,it doesn’t say goes on the register after 30 days at all. Only mentions removing from the register, nothing about preventing it going on .It’s there in black and white .
    “If you pay the full amount within one month, you can get the judgment removed from the register.” I might add FACT!
    They cannot remove things from a register if not there can they?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Ego’s taken over now with you two, I suspect nobody else truly gives a toss, what will be will be.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.