09/08/23 – County Court Judgement – £1,547.00 – Case No. K5AA1W08

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace 09/08/23 – County Court Judgement – £1,547.00 – Case No. K5AA1W08

• Author
    Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

Another oversight!

ironeyeironeye
    Participant
    Registered On: August 10, 2023
    Topics: 8

There’s a time and a place and even I draw the line at posting this after a thumping home win… Back to earth with a bump , thanks hillton you will drive this club into the abyss

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 67

£5 to purchase the report.
    Which I haven’t.

ironeyeironeye
    Participant

enjoyed last night but iron insider was right the end is nigh if hillton can’t afford the paltry amount of 1547 there is no way he has 3m wake up and smell it folks it doesn’t smell like coffee it smells like bullshit

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 67

What is the CCJ against?

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

enjoyed last night but iron insider was right the end is nigh if hillton can’t afford the paltry amount of 1547 there is no way he has 3m wake up and smell it folks it doesn’t smell like coffee it smells like bullshit

It’s hardly a surprise that IE agrees with II. :-)

Whatever the cause for this, I am sure the man who seems to find issues with whatever he has to pay cannot be at fault for not being able to stump up the cash when needed.

sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 28

The 1st of many, others will be for far more significant amounts.

ironeyeironeye
    Participant

you are so right

TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023
    Topics: 11

The ccj is against Scunthorpe United FC Ltd.
    Is it from Swanns time or Hilton’s ?
    It is clear Hilton doesn’t want to spend money on anything he doesn’t feel is necessary – academy, groundsman, ticket office staff, stewards etc.
    Personally, I don’t like that but maybe this is how Hilton does business, maybe it is all part of sorting out what’s left from Swann.
    A board of directors is being assembled of business people and apparently experienced legal people, why are they happy to get involved , why hasn’t Turnbull run a mile away already ? How have Dean, Plummer, Butler and all the players been convinced to be at the club ?
    Something is happening and we can only hope it will ok.
    I’m not remotely convinced by Hilton yet, maybe he doesn’t have £3m, maybe he does.

The club will have 30 days to pay the ccj it or dispute it.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Right or wrong, a description of what the OP refers to would be useful instead of the usual cryptic messaging.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    SideriteSiderite
    Participant

It is clear Hilton doesn’t want to spend money on anything he doesn’t feel is necessary – academy, groundsman, ticket office staff, stewards etc.

I know you disagree, so this isn’t a go at you, but many of these are important components of the club. We can’t just neglect them and we won’t be sustainable truly if we’re just cutting corners on vital roles.

ironeyeironeye
    Participant

whether from Swann time or not hillton took on the debts, but judgement was 9 aug … no further details given

Participant

Right or wrong, a description of what the OP refers to would be useful instead of the usual cryptic messaging.

Simple research will show you irrefutable proof what it’s concerning.
    Only you have posted without doing the research.

Participant

Solely for the benefit of Northumbiron.
    IMG-0163

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Topics: 101

Solely for the benefit of Northumbiron.

Not just NI, not sure many of us have got the time to read between your many lines.

Do we know what this judgement relates to or do we have to look that up too?

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

It doesn’t say, Ferrite. It is just against sufc. From what I can work out it is online claim. The club have 30 days to pay or dispute it.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

And the reason the link snot added could not have been part of the OP was?

Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

It doesn’t say, Ferrite. It is just against sufc. From what I can work out it is online claim. The club have 30 days to pay or dispute it.

Judgement has been made. The club has 30 days to pay it and if they do, they can ask for the CCJ to be removed. If they don’t pay it within 30 days of the judgement it will remain on the club’s credit file for 5 / 7 years.

Participant

Judgement has been made. The club has 30 days to pay it and if they do, they can ask for the CCJ to be removed. If they don’t pay it within 30 days of the judgement it will remain on the club’s credit file for 5 / 7 years.

If you say so IB, I’m just a bloke who watches football, I thought applications could be made to set aside such judgements ?
    Not that it matters if the club can’t pay 1500 quid.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017

I know you disagree, so this isn’t a go at you, but many of these are important components of the club. We can’t just neglect them and we won’t be sustainable truly if we’re just cutting corners on vital roles.

Agree with those sentiments. I asked similarly related questions on the thread Daz complained about no one at the club getting back to him. I get savings have to be made but question if the cuts are all in the right places and whether some just can’t be made if the club is to be sustainable at the levels required to generate revenue needed to move up the leagues

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Or, do the reduced resources just have to find ways of operating quicker and spinning those plates better, as there’s no option to add more help?

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 106

it doesn’t matter how you see it or debate it, we are still here at the moment so why don’t you just leave it to the professionals who are dealing with it and just enjoy the football, you are putting valid details up but there must be a lot of things going on that you don’t know or these new directors etc wouldn’t be joining the Board, technically it is nothing to do with the supporters to deal with, and whether you like Hilton or not if he hadn’t taken the club over you could be watching football on TV or somebody else so give him and the others a chance, just remember a lot of changes had to be made on or off the pitch, Rome wasn’t built in a day.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

With respect, with the exception of a few, no one is not giving Hilton a chance. Supporters are entitled to express opinions about off field matters and will continue to do so, whether you want them to or not. I don’t agree with the ‘shut up and butt out’ ethos and suspect many others don’t either

3 users thanked author for this post.
    SideriteSiderite
    Participant

I agree, DM. Hilton can demonstrate his worth with action. He doesn’t need me patting him on the back all the time, and refraining from criticism or ignoring concerns. These things are bound to stir up worry from some and cause suspicion. It’s a football forum and people will disagree with each other. The way to deal with it is to accept it, not slam them as trouble makers, like Hilton has done.

After all, shutting up and not causing a fuss served us poorly with Swann.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017

Agree Siderite, my take is £1500 big deal, it will get sorted one way or another and it’s not for me to decide. Really enjoyed the game and atmosphere last night at GP, long may it continue.

adminSST
    Keymaster
    Registered On: December 19, 2013
    Topics: 82

It may be a big deal to an individual or a small company. I find it concerning and wonder how many others may come out of the woodwork in the coming weeks. It is a shame that this sort of thing is playing out in the background when things on the pitch are looking up.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Savings, cost cutting and cutting cloth shouldn’t come with not paying what you owe and a ‘whatevs’ attitude IMO. False economy and unsustainable. Though people are perfectly entitled to stick their heads in the sand and hope the suns still shining. Evidence shows that serves no club well

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017

Well may, could or wonder never really meant a lot anyway when the actual thing is we don’t who is owed and my concern is the team improving on the pitch like last night being the perfect example. We can keep discussing and wondering and maybying till the cows come home but either way we are top of the league after the first three games and that is a position we have not seen for several seasons.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Savings, cost cutting and cutting cloth shouldn’t come with not paying what you owe and a ‘whatevs’ attitude IMO. False economy and unsustainable. Though people are perfectly entitled to stick their heads in the sand and hope the suns still shining. Evidence shows that serves no club well

Yes. Hilton agreed to take the debt on, I believe, so has no excuses regarding it being Swann’s legacy. It’s not fair on those we owe money to, who deserve to be paid. Finding ways to squibble others out of money would be unprofessional and bad. Ultimately, it could cost relations with associated businesses, and that’s not good for relations. Also, squiubbling over £1500 doesn’t make me more confident that Hilton has the funds needed for the stadium or club, and just raises my suspicions over him regarding ther Swann dispute.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Yes, that’s absolutely fantastic I-A,and being discussed on other threads. On this thread an off field matter is being g discussed. We probably will keep discussing things like this till the cows come home if we think it warrants discussion and I’m sure most if us realise it might not make a difference, but that’s what forums are for, lest we forget.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.